First try ,new to indoor growing in planning stage and finalizing seed order

Here I am it’s been 20 years since I grown and that was outdoor. Now I am about to begin the adventure of growing in door for a self sustaining supply. Although I have been putting fire to bud for 25 years I had no understanding of strains or the indoor process.

I have already purchased what I believe will be required.
24x48x60 Vivosun grow tent kit
Air filtration system
1000 watt led grow light
2 oscillating clip on fans
Humidifier
A window fan to increase air flow into the room
3 three gallon pots
Light timer

Now I am looking at purchasing my seeds. Since I lack any experience I have been reading alot on online watching videos and reading forums like this one. I have narrowed my first grow down to autoflowers to give myself the best chance and have considered 3 strains. White widow, jack herer, and girl scout cookies due to the reviews and ease for beginners. I plan to germinate in peet pods and then move to pots.

If there’s any advice or anything I missed feel free to share.

5 Likes

Also I have happy frog soil.

1 Like

I have a 24x48x60 tent as well. You will only be able to grow two plants at a time in that tent.

1 Like

Even with the smaller auto flower?

Might be able to do three with auto. All will come down to which strain you grow.

I don’t have much experience, as this is my first grow ever. But In my short experience, I successfully germinated 16 for 16 autoflower seeds by putting them in a warm glass of water in a dark cabinet or area for about 24 hours then put it in a wet paper towel for about another 12 hours and then planter her directly in the final pot of soil once that tap root popped.

In the past I used the peat pellets and they seemed to slow the growing process in my limited experience. They hold alot of moisture and seemed to take the seed longer to sprout out of the soil. This is just in my very limited experience.

And I have loved growing autoflowers so far. I also used Happy Frog Soil. I haven’t needed any nutrients until about the 5th week. I’m growing auto lemon haze and auto blue dream from MSNL seed bank and am absolutely loving it. The progress happens so fast and each day is a change. Very exciting to watch how fast the autoflow is grows. I highly recommend the MSNL seed bank as well.

3 Likes

I recommend just jump in like you did. I don’t have much experience with auto flowers only grew 1 since I started growing. My experience I didn’t like the auto. I prefer photos so I can control size before I send her to flower. Best of luck in your grow

1 Like

I did consider that option and I may migrate that way. I just wanted to try auto to create a stockpile before I tried that route.

2 Likes

To germinate, water with a little hydrogen peroxide (just sprouted 5 northern lights photos 100%)
soak 24-32 hours. Those with good tails to starter pot with good starter soil ( a lot of recommendations on this site foe fox farm happy frog), otherwise to paper towel dampened with same water. You freshen the water with a little more peroxide. My first grow was White Widow auto, I did not kill them, got a nice harvest, good choice. My last harvest was blueberry auto. Great strain, easy grow and low maintenance.

3 Likes

Thanks sounds like I picked a good place to begin.

1 Like

Two plants would be a good fit for your space, one Auto Can easily fill out a 2-foot by 2-foot space . Good choice on your seeds. Good luck on your new venture. Personally, I prefer the five gallon fabric pots Bigger root system bigger plant

3 Likes

I agree with @kellydans. I prefer the 5 gallon fabric pots also. They fit well and you don’t have to water as much as you do with 3 gallon. Plants will get plenty big in a 5 gal, but root ball a bit more constrained in a 3 gal.

3 Likes

First thanks to @beardless , @darkillusion3526 , @iGrowBud , @Pepeall20 , @kellydans and another who advised me on a different post @JonnyUtah . You all took the time to help me begin. I appreciate it.

I finalized my order with ilgm and awaiting arrival, due to corona don’t know exactly when. Excited to begin and post pictures of my progress.

3 Likes

I didn’t start until 8/2019 and got hooked.

1 Like

I’m hooked and after even started, now I am studying nutrients , I already ordered the fox farms trio , figuring since I’m using that soil I would get something designed to work with it. Hopefully it’s not too long til my first harvest, I already have noticed the look in my wife’s eyes from all my purchases. And honestly my couch isn’t that comfortable.

6 Likes

For me it is personal use… I have had a lot of hobbies over the years. But this is the most enjoyable hobby I’ve ever had. It’s just normal to try to do better. Basically a good challenge. It’s nice to have make friends That is willing to share information. Happy growing my friend.
PS Yeah, you’re hook.

1 Like

Yes I am growing for personal too, the area I live in is less progressive than other places. I could no longer risk the usual way to restock. Risk reward situation.

3 Likes

@kellydans @SKORPION I have always enjoyed gardening so this is a natural extension. My wife enjoys the bounty from these harvests. Odd but I don’t partake.

1 Like

Opposite here good girl that has a thing for the bad boy.

1 Like

Confirmation seeds are shipping today, getting serious.

1 Like