First timer growing WWF

The ff happy frog has enough nutrients to last 4-6 weeks, I personally would start adding nutes at the 4 week mark and watch plants reaction

What nutes to use? I’d recommend the Jacks 321

3 Likes

you likely have another weeks worth of nutrients in the soil but i would start giving a tiny dose of nutes with your next watering to get your plants ready for a full feeding

1 Like

these are the only ones I have right now should I get a different kind?

2 Likes

those will do great. do you have the feeding schedule?

with the fox farm trio, there is flushing involved. just follow the schedule and pay attention to units, mls per gallon or per week or whatever, it can get confusing.

2 Likes

Use a 1/4 strength of the recommended mix I run fox farm nutes. Water a little before adding up nutes. Slightly get the top layer moist so that ur feeds runs thru soil properly @Sbryan1

2 Likes

Happy frog should last you 4-6 weeks before you need to add nutrients. Do you have a ppm meter? Checking the run off numbers will tell you when they need food to be added

And fox farm trio nutes will work just fine. By the time you’ll be starting to use them they can handle full strength. Just follow they’re feeding schedule and don’t forget to do the flushes

6 Likes

I would leave ur light at that height and i would turn it up abit ,when they really start to grow u will enjoy white widows they yeild quite high i have one that im goin to chop soon its auto ww and im looking at least 400-500 grams

3 Likes

Link to journal? I gotta see it to believe it

This my plant its a auto flower

5 Likes

@Aussie_autos I told you to start a journal dude!!!

2 Likes

I do have a meter for them but never have used one? And for the feeding schedule do I just look it up fit that kind of soil?

1 Like

Yah i did on my tablet

1 Like

Just google Fox Farm trio feeding schedule for soil. There’s plenty of pics on the web.

3 Likes

I found mine

4 Likes

Thanks and some were saying with happy frog soil I wouldn’t have to add anything for 4 to 6 weeks… but the chart says differently. How should I go about that?

2 Likes

The chart is assuming you’re using soil with little to no nutes in it. HF will work alone for 4-6 weeks, once your ppm numbers of the run off drop down you’ll want to start adding nutes based on the week of growth you are at

2 Likes

Perfect thanks!

1 Like

And what do you guys use underneath the plants so you can measure runoff?

1 Like

many will use a small riser on top of a circular drip tray.

i use turkey pans.

my goal is to use a flood tray with a valve on one end but that’s another 150 bucks.

2 Likes

I have mine on a metal shelf piece with a cheap cat litter box underneath.

4 Likes