First Grow: White Widow Auto

So im in week 2 or so, 4 out of 6 sprouted and popped out of the peat pods around end of March or beginning of April. Ive got a 2x4 tent but only using up 2x2 with the 4 autos in 3 gal of FFOF. Im using a 100W LED that says its good for a 3x3 veg and 2x2 flower so hopefully that works out for me, although after reading a bunch of these posts i think im gonna need another light in the future. Im gonna stick with what i have for now and see how it does.
Thought id tag a few folks that have helped to me to thos point @Pinboy @KPC @PurpNGold74 @Newbiegrower just to name a few. Heres how they look right now.

10 Likes

Looking good!

They look great! Your light is on the weak side but I understand that your just getting your feet wet

Looking great!!:heart_eyes:

Planning to do something dofferent for each one, top, fim, etc, we’ll see. I have a fan inside, do i need an exhaust fan also?

They look good.

Thanks, i got a starter kit that came with some ilgm nutes, i wont start those for another couple weeks or so since im in ffof, i think @PurpNGold74 suggested i wait until ppm runoff gets below 1000 or so

2 Likes

I startedw ffof and hf and began usung jacks in small doses afrer about 4 weeks. Builiding up quickly to full strength. The advice i got was you don’t want the auto to have any deficiency so start early even w the loaded soils. Jmo

1 Like

I mostly lean on the cautious side of things as many newer growers run in issues when they introduce nutrients. By either overdoing it or wonking pH to high heck. Its perfectly fine to dilute and feed early. Alot of growers go full strength Jacks from the start (most likely in inert coco and with the addition of medium microbes to help manage the feed).

3 Likes

I increased my jacks in each of my first grows. Meaning i started adding very cautiously and in small amounts building up. That increased with each grow and the 3rd gro was adding full strength jacks as soon as i transplanted out of solos at 2 weeks.

1 Like

Ive seen your results, nice work! I got the ilgm nutes so i plan to use them at no more than half strength as many have suggested for autos. Ive heard folks mention jacks, ill have to do some homework on that

1 Like

Good to know, I’ve got some WW on order that I’m anxiously waiting for.
I’ve also got a terrific local supplier of worm castings…I’m using FF Ocean Forest, should I ‘cast’ it? At what %?

1 Like

Wormcastings is honestly hard to overdo in soil. Thats some good stuff if sourced properly. Maybe 25-35% tops? Dont wanna waste it but serious, its usually good :poop:… pun intended.

Also ILGM’s WW is FANTASTIC. I miss that strain

2 Likes

@WhatsupDoc I’m using the ILGM line on some GSCE Auto and used the nutes per the chart for soil and my ladies are responding really well to them and at day 44 are showing preflower. If anything I wonder if I could’ve pumped a little more into them lol. Good luck!

2 Likes

You’ll know when you’ve reached the top end of what they can take when the leaf tips are slightly burnt.

2 Likes

They look great there healthy

1 Like

@PurpNGold74 that sounds about right, correct? I’m starting to sound like i know stuff :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Bahaha. Yup sounds spot on to me. Nitrogen wise at least. Tip burn (the very end, normally only one tip, but can be along the leaf) is typically Nitrogen toxicity at its finest

1 Like

Thanks @Fieldofdreams I’ll probably start slow with the nutes but good to know you’re getting good results at full strength

1 Like

Ladies looking good, watered to runoff 2 days ago and they seem to have appreciated it. When should i start some LST? I’m thinking of topping one, fim one, and I’ll bend one over too. Any thoughts @KPC @Fieldofdreams @Pinboy @PurpNGold74
I know autos can take a while to bounce back and work on a fixed clock

4 Likes