Exotic Gelato fem RDWC

Started with water soak, paper towel between two plates on top of cable box. then into rapid rooters and bottom fed. Dropped in RDWC 9.21.21 - rooted well now :handshake: :white_check_mark:. @HappyHydroGrower @Covertgrower @peachfuzz @Fano_man2 :vulcan_salute:
Exotic Gelato - indica dominant strain; relaxing, uplifting, boosts creativity, helps fight fatigue, depression, insomnia, and headaches.

5 Likes

Based on your screen name alone, I’m in for the ride!

1 Like

Hey brother, hope everything goes your way!

BTW, if that’s an air pump in the lower right corner, I would raise it up above the tote lid. If not, you’ll stand a chance off draining your tote if it ever malfunctions. Good luck! :+1:t2::wink::sunglasses:

1 Like

Lookin good…
I’ll be watching :eyes: :sunglasses:…
What he said :point_up_2: …
Get air pumps above water line , at least by a foot… :+1:
:v: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Already thanks to you and @peachfuzz . I thought the rationale for elevation was air pressure and it is blowing hard as is - will be raising now :handshake:

4 Likes

Love the avatar :handshake: Just finished Uncle John’s Band

3 Likes

My gelato was a beast, I know you’ll love yours.

2 Likes

Love yours as well.

Week 1 is in the books. Roots look great - thick already. PH hovering between 5.4 and 6; PPMs around 700. I think the node spacing is too dense - raised lights 6 inches to about 2 ft from plant. They are Spider Farmer 1000D LED. Thinking about topping both in about a week. Believe it or not, they already are producing a little kind smell. :seedling:

2 Likes

3 Likes

Both topped and seem to have handled it just fine. Interesting how one plant is so much smaller - both from feminized seeds. Hope to give them one more week of veg and on to the flip. Mine seem to want to bush out instead of reach for the light during veg - hoping for a big stretch at flip as they seem too compact for optimal light penetration and air circulation. :handshake: Ph, EC all stable. Ready for trouble that I hope does not come :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Also trying a new fertilizer system when I flip. This all comes mixed and ready to add to water. I know, I’m getting lazy…

1 Like

Flipped yesterday - 10/17/21 - 27 days in Veg in DWC/R. Plants are about 1.5 ft tall and really sturdy. Bushy strain. Topping worked like a charm - 4 very even cola sights emerging on each plant. PH is very stable and PPMs now hovering around 1100 - 1500. Started to add a little more bloom fertilizer and gave them a good dose of Cal/Mag with the last feeding. They are eating nutes fast right now. Anything concerning with this one - seems a lot like “hay” and those seem to pan out to be males a lot for me…?? @Covertgrower @HappyHydroGrower @peachfuzz - or anyone else :slight_smile: These were feminized reg/photo seeds.

4 Likes

Full view of plants.

2 Likes

IMO, you can trim those lower leaves that are sitting on the tote to help get some air under her. It will also help her to shoot up a little. Raise the lights about 6”ish inches and see if that helps her stretch some more. If the node spacing doesn’t start spreading spreading out, try raising a little more. Give it about 4-5 days so you know if it’s working or not.

Are you keeping water level at least 2” below the net? If not that will make leaves droop in rdwc system.

They’re looking great!! :+1:t2: You gonna be busy over the next two or three weeks. Keep’em growin! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Probably have closer to 1 inch below the bottom of the cups that the clay pebbles are in - will drop the water level another inch. They started to stretch last night after the first 12/12 hr schedule - raising lights too… Starting my net soon - but they are really sturdy and with the topping - I don’t think I will struggle to keep these away from the lights towards the end. They seem much more like a bush than any other strain I have grown before :handshake:

2 Likes

Can you explain this a bit more? Because they can’t be feminized and regular at the same time.

Males typically are taller in the beginning compared to females.

2 Likes

First pic might be a lil suspect :thinking: :flushed: :eyes:…
Keep an :eye: on that one…
Lookin good tho… :+1: :wink:
:v:t4: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Sorry - I meant feminized and photos. For me photos are regular - I’m old, autos did not exist when I grew my first ditchweed under florescants :sweat_smile:
But I am worried about the first one - looks like it could be male. But hoping for the best!!

2 Likes

Got a few of the lower old fan leaves off just now - and I was shocked at some of the dew from leaves touching. Really appreciate the prompt - the air flow is much better and added another fan to dry increase airflow…

3 Likes