Dry amendments with auto flowers

This will be my second grow an im switching to dry amendments just wondering how well that would work considering the fact autos do what they want?

2 Likes

With dry amendments its sorta hard to overfeed. They take what they want and leave the rest.

3 Likes

That’s what I use. I use happy frog fruit and flower 4-9-3 mixed into the soil from day 1, and top dress again after 6 weeks. I like the results.

4 Likes

I can manage to do that…lmao. I use top dress exclusively. Auto or photo. I do cook the soil first though.

1 Like

What do you mean cook the soil dont have all the terminology down yet lbs

1 Like

So my first grow i used the ff trio an cal mag i burnt my plants alot so this run i wanted to try something softer. I have the gaia green all purpose an the power bloom im using happy frog/ocean forest when would i put the first amendments in the soil at the start or close to veg also im growing autos might try photos next run considering i have seeds already i kinda actually wanta go photo this run for yield purposes :smile:

2 Likes

Ammend the soil. Add life. Let it sit a couple weeks then plant. Breaks down the nutes for easy uptake. Allows the life to grow for root health.

1 Like

@Mrperfect

Depends on what size container you are in. A 5 gal container usually has enough food for 30 to 45 days. With Coast of Maine, i feed at day 30. It takes a week or two for the nutes to really break down and become available to the plant. Organics is a tad bit slower than other methods, but is way more forgiving and way more managable for folks like me who are on the road alot.

1 Like

Also forgot to add. When we “cook” soil, we are building our own soil using ingredients. After you mix your ingredients, you have to allow the soil to “cook” meaning taking those ingredients and breaking them down so when you plant, the nutes are there ready to be used. I made my own mix last year. Made 75 gallons and i allowed it to cook for nearly six months. If you do decide to build your own soil, make sure to do it in a shop or shed and cover with a tarp to keep critters out of it. I made the mistake of cooking outdoors then bringing the soil indoors and i brought in stuff in the soil that i didnt want there :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

The buds i have drying are starting to become stringy why is that im on like day 10 of drying should i probably just start curing at this point?

1 Like

At 10 days I jar regardless. I use burping and/or a paper bag to finish. Just me.

1 Like

Do any1 here use grove bags?

I use groove bags religiously for curing and storage. For dry admendments for autos, I’ve had luck with Dr. Earth’s 555. Usually add shortly after they start flowering.

2 Likes

How long do you cure a harvest before use

I kinda have a small ritual. I’ll cure it for 2 weeks, minimum. Clean my bowl, then give one of the smaller popcorn buds a try. I’m actually doing that tonight with the White Raven and White Wedding. Both have been curing for about 2 1/2 weeks.

1 Like

Question to all. Im in seedling stage right now when would i want to apply my 1st top dressing of gaia green i was thinking around veg or should i do it before

If your grow in soil, like ff, you’re good for at least 4 weeks before you start any nutrients.

1 Like