Daylight time based on dates

You don’t need to worry about frost untill overnight temps dip into 40’s them keep an eye out.

I live in Northern Cal thanks for the quick response here is a pic of my plant.


She’s so big now, I can’t fit her into a pic very well.

Just watch close as she does her thing! Give her light, love, good food, and she will keep you happy all winter!

I hope you aint hatin’… lots of big girls in northern cali, lol… and many not as pretty as that one.

She has done very well and I just want say how sorry I am about you health ailment. Here is another pic of my beauty

. I use foxfarm products, fish emulsion she is growing on my deck.

She is a big girl its more like a tree she is on my deck she’s about 8’ tall here is a pic.

she been pampered use fox farm products, fish emulsion, but as far as big girls myself that shoe doesn’t fit

Hello again. Just want to know at what point do you start to see the trichomes appear on the bud and leaves??

UT 3 week this is my first grow but this is the stage I can see them good it’s about 3 weeks in.

looks great… that is an auto?

Yes sir, it’s a blueberry bliss

This chart show a max of 15.33 hours for my location at the summer solstice.
I’ve always started with 55-65 day flower stage locally sourced seeds indoors or put locally propagated clones in the ground.
This time around I bought a few mixpacks to try a few different strains. One’s got a flowering period of 85 days.

Would it help to start that one a few weeks earlier than the rest and leave it indoors to flip the light cycle to flower earlier than when the others go into flower outdoors?
Also how harmful do we think transplanting into the ground during flower stage is?

Hey @Willd, welcome to ILGM, That’s an interesting question, so I was thinking where do you live first, I live in the Northeast and have about the same time as you do (solstice), so… your choice of seeds are interesting also. 85 day flowering periods are obtainable by starting your seeds indoors in late March or early April for 4-5 weeks , then you can easily plant your Seedlings directly into the ground into amended soil , ie.promix, etc…and have Plenty of great grow time throughout the summer. Your plants shouldn’t be in or near flower stage at 4-5 weeks , Good luck hope this helps a little !!

Hey Fyshh,
Sounds good. Thanks for the helpful response!
We’re about half way between MidCoast & DownEast Maine

So yeah, I’ve always successfully started indoors under fluorescent lights and then put them out to harden off around middle of May to be in the ground by June 1. I typically put them in 24" dia x 18" deep holes.

The multi-strain mix selection this year was due to me growing tired of only having the same couple of locally adapted strains to choose from. So I’m going with 1 of each of the 12 ILGM strains I purchased.

So my concern was really only with the Pineapple Haze flowers not being as large or developed as they potentially could be when flowering cycle starts and when the end of the season triggers the final push of trichome production.

At the end of the day, I thought it might be necessary to trick the 85 day P.Haze to start the flowering stage ahead of the other 11 strains having only a 65 day flowering period to not end up harvesting a bunch of popcorn from that particular one.

I’m still going to stick with that plan so the P.Haze is fully mature when it’s harvested.
Another thing to note is light cycle data is more or less based on “unobstructed” or “unfiltered” light. Outdoors it’s based on “full” sun with no shade.
Due to shading in my garden, flowing starts for me as early as the middle of August (14 hours of unfiltered light) to fully ripen by the end of Oct depending on the exact location of each plant.
I really appreciate how this forum is a constant reminder to not take our own grow experiences and knowledge for granted and pass it along.

You are just above me and will have a slightly increased (shorter ) grow period, being outdoor soil growers we have to adapt and plan in advance our placement of plants. 6-7 hr direct sunlight per day is enough for our plants to get big, the 12-12 cycle torward the end is really where we are squeezing time before Frost weather, My plants did well through some cold evening temps But were Not shocked due to them being grown Fully outdoors, just made em more Badass.
You may want to switch seed strain on next seasons grow to some Autos, ie, AK47 has a killer THC and easily grown outdoors with a 55 day window, Chronic Widow is also going to be a good qualifier for outdoor growing with a 55-60 day period as well as Gold Leaf, I"ll be planting All of these this year and starting mine indoors late March early April to give them a good head start for the first and Final very well calculated grow Area. Good luck and keep in touch . <*)))><{

Hey @FyshhTrap, your topic/thread brings me to a question about outdoor photoperiods. I also use the chart that was mentioned earlier in this thread - By@oak http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/Dur_OneYear.php
Question: I have a baby Big Bud that’s the runt of my indoor grow (soil, LED, all Foxfarm) since she isn’t doing as well as the others I was going to put her outside…now the question—where I live I’m only getting 10:39 hrs of sunlight, if I put my baby outside now will the plant recognize that the days are getting longer and not go into flower???

Thanx
Dragon

Depending upon the plants age I"d expect a number of things could happen.

  1. How old is the plant
    2)It proly wouldn’t go into flower
  2. It would “Hermie” if it was old enough.
    Really need to know how old the plant is ,This is the learning curve my friend
    Let me ask what @MacGyverStoner,thinks of this and @garrigan62

My girl is 18 days old today…

Yayyy, Congatultions, its a Girl !!!,and could Fully go outside in a couple of weeks when it gets a little bigger and stronger where do you live, not exactly but, is it summer?

Me handing out cigars…- - - - - - -lol
We still have some cold weather coming, nothing severe, but could put in shed if dips below maybe 50f

OK I’m gonna try a different approach, if its Spring time you could easily keep it indoors for a couple of weeks then put it outside as it is just a baby, if its Fall then you only have a couple of weeks until it gets too cold.
I live in up state NY, it is mid January, I will be starting my outside grow indoors this coming March. By 4-6 weeks it will be mid April, I shouldn’t have to worry about frost and my plants should be ready for outdoor planting and have a full 5 months or more to grow. Hope this helps a little.