Hello fellow growers I could use some expert advice. This is my first grow it’s about day 29 and the strain is northern lights auto but I’m curious if I chop sum of the leaves would it help me yield bigger buds also I was wondering when should I start to add bloom nutrients because it seems like they are starting to flower I also have on a decent amount of LST clips for the most part the plant seems to be doing alright I just don’t wanna mess anything up I definitely will appreciate any advice I can get
Add bloom nutrients as soon as you start 12/12.
So now is a good time.
Hey @IMTOOHARD it looks like they are starting to form some clusters. If they have already went through the stretch it’s time to start the transition feed schedule. Depending on your choice of nutrients you can start to lean toward flower nutrients.
But first if you can fill out the following it will help us.
Answer these simple questions the best you can. If you are not sure, just bring it to our attention. We will figure it out.
- Indoor or outdoor? - size of grow?
- Otigin of seeds?
- Regular, feminized, or autoflower?
- Origin of water. PH, EC/TDS of source water?
- PH and TDS/EC of if mixed solution?
- Grow method? Soil, Soil-less, Coco, Hydro, Aquaponics. Please explain.
- Nutrients or fertilizer system used.
- What typr of lighting are you using? LED, HID (MH, CMH, HPS), or Fluorescents? Please elaborate.
- What are the temps in your growspce? Day / Night?
- What is the RH = relative humidity in your growspace? Day / Night?
- AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier?
- Do you have a Ventilation system? Size? 4", 6"?
- Co2 Yes / No?
- How long have you been growing?
- What budget have you set in order to grow successfully?
- If you grow hydro, then please explain your hydro method. DWC, R-DWC, Ebb and Flow, Or; Other? Other?
16b. Size and temperature of solution in reservoir?
Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to identify your issue.
Everyone has different opinions but my opinion is and take it with a grain of salt but for the first week after I flipped I stayed with veg nutes then swapped to bloom after the first week. From what I’ve read they still need the nitrogen etc to build sturdy stems etc. , It worked well for me
If you’re using GH this chart works well. For autos I started the transition nutes for four or five days when I saw the first pistils and then switched to the early bloom nutes.
You can trim off any leaves that are blocking airflow or light. Make sure none are blocking light from your bud sites. You looked into lollipopping? A lot of people use that technique. Leaves are like solar panels for your plants so I’d leave as many as possible.
yesss! im glad i found this. I just started two NL autos. I hope to see more of yours and steal the tips sent your way
I would go to my bloom nutes now. She is starting flower. Just what these eyes see. Does not look like she needs a haircut. I would wait till full flower myself after stretch and clean her up inside.
With autos I always try to tuck instead of pluck. You can take a few at a time if needed but those guys don’t look like they need much