Captain Jack's Copper Fungicide

Hi there. Novice grower but I detected some white mildew last week on one of my Hawaiian auto flowers and had some Neem oil that I started to treat it with then thought I saw a post that said to get the copper fungicide. Now I have read that is not a good idea to use that. I have only made one application with it and they are flowering. Are these plants no good now? I have three that I treated just that once. They are 2 to almost 3 weeks into budding.

1 Like

50/50 of water and peroxide in a spray bottle. Apply in late evening.

Wouldn’t suggest using, especially in flower. Many oil based products are absorbed and don’t rinse or wash away, with Neem being one of them.

2 Likes

@knotjohn welcome to the family my friend happy growing

If I have not overused it already, do I need to get rid of these plants?

Are you in flower? If so how many times have you applied the Neem?

The Captain Jacks was once about 14 days ago and Neem, 3-4 times in 3 weeks? Once before the CJ’s and the others after. I’m thinking I have a few more weeks. Could send pics if that would help. They are AF’s

1 Like

Welcome @knotjohn to the community! And yes, photos always help us help others. @Borderryan22 is correct, neem oil should not be used in flower especially. So seeing a pic would help figure out what stage your plants are at. I try to not use absorbable metals with plants. This includes using treated lumber as raised beds or pots. When metals enter the body it is hard to get rid of them if there are high levels. (stepping into RN mode there). My grandmother used milk spray on houseplants for powdery mildew control as well, would have us wipe the leaves with it. There are other options to explore! But yes, a pic would be great!

1 Like

Agreed with @TransplantedFarmgirl.

1. Do you have any pics? And…

2. Are your plants flowering?

Captain Jack’s can be used every day until you harvest your plants. Neem oil can be used, sparingly, until a couple/few weeks before flowering begins. But there are products as effective as Neem that won’t harm your harvest.

If your plant is flowering, and you only used Neem once, there may not be a really noticable effect, but if you are flowering and routinely using it, then you may not like the result.

1 Like

Here you go, as far as I can tell they have been in flowering for 3+ weeks

The top picture shows the white mildew.

How long has white been on leaves it could be from jacks ?

It was there before the use of Jack’s Copper Fungicide. The few neem sprays had seemed to control it and really, only one of the three plants has had any white on it. I have also removed the few leaves that did have white on them from the beginning with the exception of what I just took the picture of.

Honestly, it’s so confusing as you can get opinions on line that say Neem is fine for flowering weed. And as well, I saw the same for CJCF…

Hi, Did you happen to see the pics? I have not treated them with anything else and hoping I don’t need to take them down. They seem to be doing nicely this past week.

Lookin good! The first pic looks like a touch of wpm (white powdery mildew) which the jacks should have taken care of. It also looks like there is another spot that could possibly be bird doo. My eyes aren’t exactly at 2020, though. But it does happen lol. Nice buds!

You’re thinking that they should be fine given that I have not treated them with anything else at all since my first post? They seem to be doing well so far. Just didn’t want to have to toss them…

I am having a similar battle.
I have a WHITE WIDOW PHOTO FEM
Outdoors - has some leaf Septoria going on.
It spread to the cannabis from neighboring vegetables so now I got the CJCF to spray and get rid of the Septoria
My plant is like 5 weeks into flowering.
It is not horribly infected yet, so I mean I am catching it kind of early.
I hit it with some Neem yesterday which may or may not help
but I am not planning on harvesting until End of October so I have some time. I also wash my buds prior to trimming too so hopefully it washes some things off
I will add some pictures soon so you can maybe see what I am talking about

So I feel your pain @KNOTJOHN – it is driving me nuts to try and fix this

IMG_9643
IMG_9656
IMG_9763
IMG_9764
IMG_9765

IMG_9642
IMG_9639
IMG_9638
IMG_9637
IMG_9519

Hello, hopefully someone can help! I’m a first time grower here :wave: I’m having a bad case of septoria on my Sour Diesel autos. I’m about 4 weeks into flowering, my buds look great but my foliage is getting noticeably worse! I pruned off most of the bad leaves but didn’t remove them all cause that would be to much stress on her I would think. I mixed 25 part CJCF to 75 part Distilled water and sprayed my plants from top to bottom. I feel like an idiot now cause I’ve been debating on pulling them but this would be my first harvest! I should had definitely done more thorough research before spraying but what I did look up said you can use up til harvest day, I suppose it tricked me. After I did a bit more digging last night online I went back out with just distilled water and pretty much soaked my plants to try removing what I could, now today I did 25 part 3% peroxide to 75 part distilled water hoping I can clean them free from spraying them with CJCF. I of course blew away all the excess water on the plants. any advice as to what I should do would be amazingly appreciated!