Can someone tell me if this is hermaphrodite

Hello. I was having issues with my plant and was wondering if it has seeds starting. This is my first grow. Gg auto day 32

It does look like seed sack … wait for more advise , maybe more pics

Pull one off the first picture and see if it’s got hairs in it or small green balls the rest look fine that’s the only questionable one but still could be a calyx

1 Like

Looks female to me, just a calyx.

2 Likes

Keep taking care of her looks female.

2 Likes

I’m seeing all girl.

3 Likes

All girl indeed… I learned recently, that what you are showing are the first calyxes indicating sexual maturity. I knew it was not balls but thought she started flowering without me switching to 12/12 it kind of freaked me out.
another thing I observed is that these calyxes and their trichomes are amber much earlier, they give you a good idea how amber trichs look like…

1 Like

They were too round on the first images. I ended up chopping them after I opened them up and found a green little ball forming at the stem. The second set of images were from my Bruce both gorilla glue had balls when I opened them there were green balls. I chopped those immediately. If they were in the same room as my others should I be concerned? I could only find the balls on the 2 I cut

You trashed 2 that looked like what you showed us?

I think you were right to pluck that and investigate it. Doesn’t look like any calyx I’ve ever seen

1 Like

It is a bit weird indeed.

By the description it sounds like a flower, i have plucked them too and found that bright little green ball too. I have harvested 240g of finest sinsemilla.
A calyx is a seed pod. If the little white hair(pistil) gets male pollen on it a seed will grow inside. The green ball is the unfertilized seed… Is my explanation. It is no sign of male or hermie trait at worst you have a male in your tent but it might not even be the one you cut…

1 Like

I know what you mean. I plucked a few off plants in the past. Never seeds but caught my eye. Just a green mass of plant stuff in there.

I also agree that chopping may have been premature. Just agreeing with OP that I would definitely be concerned with that thing too.

2 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Can someone tell me if this is hermaphrodite:
So basically I cut for nothing? So even if it was a ball shape it could still just be an unpollinated seed? What are some other signs that I can look for next time? If my 2 remaining plants don’t have any balls shapes do you think I’m ok?

I thought the same thing before but someone shared this pic with me showing all the parts of a calyx. The ball you found was probably just an ovule.

Heres a pic of one I opened up which shows the ovule.

3 Likes

@ale thank you… ya I cut the questionable ones being irrational and new. Kicking myself now

2 Likes

The moment i realised what you said my heart dropped for a second followed by some swearing and finally refined by let’s make the best of what is left!

2 Likes

Yeah if you were to open up a male pollen sac you’d see a bunch of banana looking things. This is what a male flower looks like opened

2 Likes

Ugly too isn’t it…