Calcium deficiency? And low ph runoff

This looks like a calcium deficiency to me but I want to be sure. Also new growth, the leaves are twisting, and I’m not sure if that’s significant

Also runoff ph ranges between 5.3-5.5 with ppm ranges between 1888-3220 amongst the 9 plants. Tips on getting ph up?

Also side question. I have 9 plants crammed in here. Just thought I’d give it a shot with that many. Would I be better off doing less plants next grow?

Plants sprouted February 10th
Water roughly every 6 days with 2.5-3liters. A little runoff with each watering.
No nutes given except Calmag
Cal mag given feb 24th, march 7th, and 13th at 2-5 ml per gallon.

1. Indoor or outdoor? - size of grow? Indoor
    9 autos

2. Otigin of seeds? Fat banana, northern lights, and white widow CBD

3. Regular, feminized, or autoflower? Autoflower

4. Origin of water. PH, EC/TDS of source water? Filtered sink water, pHd 6.2-6.6, ppm of 150ish

5. PH and TDS/EC of if mixed solution?
    PH is 6.5 and ppm 357 after mixing calmag into water.

6. Grow method? Soil, Soil-less, Coco, Hydro, Aquaponics. Please explain.
    Happy frog with perlite 3-1 ratio

7. Nutrients or fertilizer system used.
    Fox farm trio- haven’t used any yet
    Cal mag- 2-0-0

8. What typr of lighting are you using? LED, HID (MH, CMH, HPS), or Fluorescents? Please elaborate.
    LED lights

9. What are the temps in your growspce? Day / Night?
    73-77 degrees F

10. What is the RH = relative humidity in your growspace? Day / Night?
    RH around 60-65

11. AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier?

12. Do you have a Ventilation system? Size? 4", 6"?
    Ventilation system but not using, even on low it lowers the RH quickly

13. Co2
    No

14. How long have you been growing?
    3rd grow over two years

3 Likes

Need to get your ph up around 6.0 to 6.5 youre locking out with a ph that low. Can you get a ph up solution?

3 Likes

Welcome to the community. You can get a small bottle of ph up or ph down at any farm and garden shop. What size tent are you using? 5x5 or 4x4? Can’t tell by your pictures. A few variables to how many plants to grow at a time. I grew 8 in a 4x8 and it was like a forest… couldn’t get in the tent to do anything. 4 would have been a better number for me. Even autos can get massive under the right conditions. This was a super skunk auto at 12 weeks. Good luck and happy growing.

2 Likes

Honestly not sure the dimensions off the bat. I didn’t buy the equipment.

It seems fine space wise but I don’t think the light is big enough so I have to pack them together.

So I’ve been pHing my water to around 6.5

What’s your recommendation as far as what I should pH my water. Is 7.0 too high?

2 Likes

What’s your opinion on what I should pH my water to increase it to within normal limits?

3 Likes

Maybe just use tap water without adjusting PH?
What is the straigh tap PH?
Do you know if it has minerals in it like calcium etc via water report from supplier?

3 Likes

I’m not sure about mineral content but pH is around 7.2 out of the tap.

3 Likes

You can go to your municipality water supplier’s web site and they will list contaminate testing as well as mineral content and water hardness etc. both may not be in the same area but should be there somewhere to look at just so you know.
Also will show if they use just chlorine and or chloramine as Chloramine can’t be simply off gassed like chlorine.

I would suggest just using your tap dechlorinated at 7.2 and go from there.
If you are adding chemical nutrients you’ll want to check that before feeding. Hopefully it will be around 7 and not down low.

Your ppm more than likely is from the soil leaching nutrients from it when testing the run off.
I would think you’ll want to start adding nutrients to your feeds pretty soon.

5 Likes

Agreed. Flood her with normal tap until you get a touch of runoff and let her sit in it. Dont feed or anything, just let her sit in that 7.2

4 Likes

Also i want to add that it will take a few weeks to really show improvement, just didnt want you to think that she will fix herself overnight.

Here is an example in my garden. These 2 Hazes were locked out high and its taken a little over 3 weeks to get em to here… (Hazes are far right, far left… Bubbas Candy is in the middle, she was just caught in the crossfire, but shes safe)

Ph if growing in soil:
Veg is 6.0 to 6.5
Flower is 6.5 to 7.0

4 Likes

I brought this over here because I dont wanna interrupt the help you get and this page might be abandoned anyway. Growmies make sense, I agree they’re hungered and glad others help. I also see deficiencies.
I read no ventilation, and 2.5 to 3L water gave you runoff after 6 days. That must have taken fifteen seconds. I don’t believe your pH.
I would water them slowly with RO or distilled water so they absorb about a gallon and run off about a quart then retest, just how I would do it, I recommend nothing.

Here are three forum pics of Ca def and two of yours. Ca def patches are mostly adjacent to and touching veins, also lighter brown and less round. Infection can kill vein by occupying enough of the area as you can see but it’s not positioned the same. .

Phos def breaches veins like a fungal infection, but mid-leaf along with tips and margins. But this isn’t fungal it’s bacterial.

I’m often wrong and I’m glad others came along and I’m not pushing the “infection narrative” anymore. Can a growmie tell or show me how to distinguish Ca def PATCHES from bacterial ROUND SPOTS; I keep coming to the same conclusion even after re-examining resources and topics. Another half-day I spent to get schooled and no progress so thanks to anybody who takes the time to clarify this

This looks like classic cal/mag deficiecy to my eye…not sure where the infection concern is coming from.

Which one? The patches or the round spots

Pic 4961, and the first 3 I posted, I agree. The others are different

Yeah. Definitely some deficiencies.
I wonder if I am pHing my runoff incorrectly. I only water 2-2.5 L at the most and get a little runoff. Like 100ml of runoff and pH that. I’m guessing that’s an incorrect way to pH?

Most report about 20% holding capacity and I’ve found the same. Around a gallon per 5gal pot. OK it’s not 5gal soil right? Whatya got 4gal soil with 1gal perlite, so I’d guess 1 gal water.
Wet the entire top including near the stem so the top is wet. Have a toke. Then pour in everywhere slowly. 2 cups at a time maybe. Go for two cups runoff, check the tail end. Slowly enough will get good root zone numbers versus the bottom of the pot. Or sides.
Sounds like it never got a good soaking and just a slow watering will help your plant. Then days later at next watering I’d carry on feed (or flush) as others directed. That’s where my skill ends (inputs), I just want you to get accurate runoff.