Brand New Looking for some advice!

Being its your first time id personally allow them to get another node or 2 first. Those pics are an idea of about how small ill attempt them if i can grab a hold of them. In general though ill wait till the have about 4 to 5 nodes. Also, if youre planning on using Silica which you probably wont need, since youre in soil, id wait until after you start lst. It causes the stems to get very hearty and harder to bend.

Wait a week and start then. You should have plenty of room to play around. Youll notice the one that the base of the trunk is tied off opposite the top being pulled. Thats the best method ive found to start. It helps reinforce the trunk and root base in place while bending the top down. Youll literally watch your trunk double in size daily.

2 Likes

Also the absolute best product ive found for LST are Gear Ties.

Theyre soft, very durable and reusable and will lock off on anything. Mine are all 24" long which lets me use them throughout the entire grow.

2 Likes

Just ordered this hopefully it will work as good

3 Likes

Whoa…nice find. Didnt know they made rolls.

I use mine for everything. Literally the best purchase ive made yet.

Was cheap too 10$ on amazon

1 Like

Heck yeah. Let me know what you think of em when you get them. Mine are very heavy duty, about a 3/8" in diameter and will hold down the toughest branches. But are also very heavy duty and extreme caution is needed when using them on baby plants lol. Yours will most likey be even better

2 Likes

Is the first plant in the first picture ok?? Ph is fine maybe I over watered??

2 Likes

Bend it only partially down first time. Then go back in a day or two and vend down further

3 Likes

They look fine i wouldnt worry.

1 Like

Could I use hemp to start the LST?

1 Like

You can use anything that works. As long as its not going to dig into the plant. Id wait for your ties to come in tbh. Itll give you a little more room to work with.

That Zweet Inzanity was 30 days old and neglected when i started lst on her. Tall and lanky, looked like :poop:.

I literally just bent over where she would comfortably move and locked it in at a 90° angle. In 1 month it became this.

3 Likes

Are those photos? Or autos?

1 Like

Photos. 90 days at flip. I popped the beans too early and had no where to put my seedling. So i tossed it in my aerocloner and forgot/neglected it for a month or so waiting for a grow to finish up. She exploded as soon as she got tossed in real nutrients.

Ah ok I’m gonna use up my auto seeds then probably switch to photos! Any you would recommend?? And should I prune my autos??

1 Like

No i wouldnt bother with defoliation right now.

1 Like

slowly realizing i should of boughten photos

1 Like

Autos are good too. Just have to be patient and not harvest em too soon.

This is an Autoflower from ILGM

But isn’t there a time where you start to loose patience