Bad Purchase Experience with Northern Lights Auto

I ordered Northern Lights Auto’s. I received two completely different genetics - one photo that might be a NL; one Auto that is almost certainly a Sativa dom plant. After two attempts to contact ILGM without a response, I’ve given up. I completed a review that they did not post, leading me to question the their transparency. Youre mileage may vary, but I’ll never make another purchase here again.

2 Likes

Welcome Steve. I understand your frustration. ILGM will honor their guarantee and if you search customer service on this forum, you’ll find a lot of folk that went through this and ILGM made good. The forum is separate from the seed bank though so I’ll tag a few folks that might be able to help you get it rectified. Give them a chance they’ll make it right. Best customer service that I’ve ever dealt with.

@AfgVet @Lexie.ILGM @Olaf.ILGM

4 Likes

@Steve68 welcome aboard anytime you have two separate seeds they will be different plants same genetics but different in there own way and as @SausageMahoney saying ilgm will make it right please just give it another chance my friend happy growing this is best forum around

3 Likes

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

Curious as to what makes you believe you have a photoperiod plant over an auto? Can you please provide the details on your grow? Also, northern lights is a hybrid and capable of producing both indica and sativa leaning traits.

Here nor there, we can certainly get you into contact with someone from the seed shop. @Lexie.ILGM can you help here?

4 Likes

@Steve68 I can certainly help you! I’m so sorry for your experience. I’m dropping you a DM now so we can resolve this :seedling:

6 Likes

Hello, I get it. Totally understand that there could be slight differences. Here’s my situation. I ordered 5 seeds. 4 cracked. 4 grew. All four are subject to the exact same soil in fabric pots. 2 of the plants have thin foliage, very thin leaves, and are in mid to late flower in week 8. The other two plants are busy, tight nodes, very thick leaves, and are not even showing pistils yet, which would be common - in my region, MA - for a photo plant. My guess is they will begin flowering later this month. These are definitely not auto flowers. They are different in every way possible - leaves, nodes, not flowering yet, much bigger than the auto’s, etc. I’m happy to provide pictures if you want.

2 Likes

Sorry but not sure where to find my order number as I placed it months ago. If you can tell me how to find it, I’ll check it out.

1 Like

Search your email for ilgm orders. Should pop up.

2 Likes

It doesn’t, unfortunately. I have about 3 dozen emails but none related to an order. Would it come from ILGM or would it be another email heading?

1 Like

Lemme check mine real quick.

1 Like

My guess is it would have been between Feb and April sometime.

1 Like

Search “orders@ilovegrowingmarijuana.com”

3 Likes

Appreciate the info! ILGM will typically take care of seeds that don’t pop. Far as the others go, knowing this is an outdoor grow is helpful. We’ve seen autos behave like this and not flower on long light schedules indoors too. I believe this is usually just different phenotypical expressions from seed to seed. But if they’re not behaving as expected I would expect the seed shop will take care of you once they locate your order info.

If we can be of assistance in the meantime please don’t hesitate. Hopefully you’ll stick around after this is resolved.

2 Likes

Thanks. I get it. Normally, I would agree with you, but the differences are beyond phenotype expression. Otherwise I wouldn’t bother you guys. Yeah, I’ll stick around as long as it’s resolved somehow. It’s not so much the $$ as much as expectations/time. In my area, Bud Rot is an absolute certainty in September and I’m just sick of throwing away half my crop every year; hence, my shift (re-shift) to auto’s.

4 Likes

They’ll get you. Seems like we’re in a bit of a transitional period with some responsibilities and I think most that can help you are across the pond, so just give them a little bit.

3 Likes

Thanks! Appreciate it. If they get here by May 2027, that will work. Thanks

3 Likes

I was thinking more like a day or two but good to know :rofl:.

Hope you have a great day otherwise!

3 Likes

Differences in cannabis presentation for hybrids in cannabis.
ILGM White Widow.

As you can see one is a squat indica leaning and one just ran away with it. Even under 10k lux higher the tall one just kept .climbing.

Apple Fritter Auto.
I LGM

Out of 20 seeds popped I had 5 different looks and even this one which is a really leaning rudelis plant
All the same seeds.

Seeds is like a box of chocolates ..

1 Like

Totally get it, but what you’re showing me is at least similar. Mine are completely night and day in terms of appearance and performance. I’ll post up some comparison pics later. For now, the good folks at ILGM made things right and that’s what matters. I also know they gave me the benefit of the doubt - i.e., that I have better uses of time than to try to hustle a few pot seeds.

1 Like

Curious.
Did you have the tall one that stretched under much more light than the squat plant?
If I had not increased the lights the stretch one would have been much worse.