Assistance with Leaf Diag - Burnt Tips, Brown Spots

Good day, I’ve got a couple of Banana Kush Autos growing. They are a couple of weeks apart, so not exact on current needs, but damn close.

I’ve got the eldest one that is showing signs of nute burn on the leaf tips, but then there is a brown spotting I just noticed in the sugar leaves. I’m not sure exactly what I’m looking at, or for.

I’m in a 2x4x7 tent
6" exhaust
4" intake
9" osc fan (top)
Hydro
450 ppm
pH 5.9
FloraGro 2ml/gal
FloraBloom 4ml/gal
Armor Si 1ml/gal
CaliMagic 4ml/gal
Hydroguard 2ml/gal
3.5 gal in DWC res

Changed res today to the above numbers

Been dropping EC dail for a week from 675ppm and maintaining a pH ~5.8

I’ve been using sunglasses in the tent and didn’t notice the tips, but caught the brown spot. That was a lesson.

Any assistance in troubleshooting this issue(s) would be greatly appreciated.

-JWTG

2 Likes

The lower leaves may also be from windburn. I noticed the 3" fan pointing directly at them and moved it.

1 Like

Forgot
300w LED. About 14" above tallest cola. I can’t raise it any more. I was running it at 90% until this morning.

1 Like

I’d recommend slightly higher PH in flower. 5.8 , 5.9 is fine in veg but for flower in hydro it’s recommended to be between 6.0 - 6.2

1 Like

Thank you @Memento I’ll give it a try.

1 Like

Seeing as how the pH has been failing daily; I went ahead and set the pH at 6.18. I’ll recheck around 10am and see how things are looking then.

Thanks again.

2 Likes

Your PPMs are way low Growmie. Target 900-1000 :love_you_gesture:

Good morning @OGIncognito . I was running around 1000-1200 but the chart I use indicating ppm direction has had me dropping ppm for a while now. I was also told that auto need much less nutes.

1 Like

I grow both autos and photos in hydro or coco and and keep the same feeding routine and numbers. Only twice have I had to run less than 800 PPMs on a finicky auto. What feeding chart are you using that shows decreasing the nutrients? In flower an increase in phosphorus and Potassium is needed for optimum bud development and you could be robbing them of these 2 valuable nutrients :love_you_gesture:

FloraTrio Light Feeding for the chart

For troubleshooting ppm water and pH, I use this chart from 420magazine.

My daily log

Let us know if the PH resolved your issue. To me it looks like a PH issue in flower, especially since you stated it keeps dropping over time in the res. cocoforcannabis website, he recommends 6.0 - 6.2 in flower for better phosphorus and potassium update. To me, it looks like the beginning of calcium deficiency due to PH out of range. I thought I’d link this picture for reference as well, nutrient availability chart in hydro, as you can see Calcium start getting locked out below 6.0 PH:

1 Like

So for follow-up brings the pH last night to 6.1 and today I increased the EC to 941 ppm. pH at 6.1 last night she ate up the nutrients that where available.

1 Like

@JimWantsToGrow fingers crossed this was it. At least, in hydro, you can fix problems very quickly

1 Like

Great chart. Thank you very much. I’ll add this to my references.

Thanks @Memento . I’ll update here after 10am this morning with pics and fresh news.

Update: @OGIncognito & @Memento nailed it for me. This morning the ppm had dropped significantly and the pH had risen a little.

I set the EC to 938 ppm and pH to 6.1 on all three plants. Wow I SO misread those charts.

Thank you both very much for your help. It even smells stronger in there this AM.

1 Like

Excellent and good to hear Grow Bro :muscle::muscle::love_you_gesture:

1 Like

That is good news indeed, glad we could help!

2 Likes