Are any Advanced Nutrients Additives worth it?

I’m growing in coco/perlite 70/30 using Advanced Nutrients Sensi pH Perfect Grow/Bloom.

I also use Armor Si (Silica), Cal-Mag Xtra, Diamond Nectar (Humic Acid), Raw Yucca, Recharge, and GH RapidStart.

Are there any AN additives that are worth getting?

I’ve seen stuff like the bloom boosters aren’t worth it, the beneficial microbes aren’t worth it, and some who say they stopped using using additives and have noticed no difference and thats it all about genetics.

There’s so many additives for AN and they all seem to get good reviews and have people who swear by them.

Heres a list with some of my thoughts.

B-52 - Seems to be popular. My worry is something I read about Vitamin B helping the root zone is a myth concerns me. Supposedly better as a foliar spray. I have no experience with foliar spraying.

Big Bud Coco - I see quite a few people use this also, but some say the regular is better than the coco version. I’m skeptical of both as some say they didn’t notice any difference.

Bud Candy - I think it supposed to harden your buds, some reviews have said it made them too hard. I wonder if this would increase the chance for bud rot.

Bud Ignitor - I’m interested in this one because the reviews overwhelmingly said it creates a lot of bud sites and faster. Most say it speeds up flowering by at least a week.

Tasty Terpenes - Supposedly makes the buds taste better.

Voodoo Juice - One of 3 root enhancers.

Piranha - Do they really need 3 root enhancers?

Tarantula - See above.

OverDrive - This seems to be very popular. Supposedly increases yields and ripens buds faster.

Flawless Finish - This is another fairly popular one that helps flushes out the nutes right before harvest.

Sensizym - 80 different enzymes that supposedly increases trichromes.

If I had to pick 3 with the very limited knowledge that I have now, I would choose…

B-52
Bud Ignitor
OverDrive

I do not currently use AN but I have been doing a bit of research as I want to change and I also listen to others on here that do use their products. I would definitely include B-52 and Bud Candy in your tool kit.

@Lostgirl I believe you use a few of these correct? If so, could you lend a hand since you have real world xp?

1 Like

Silica and if needed, cal mag. An increase in P and K right at flower can help. Other than that, base nutrients are really all you need.

If you have money burning a hole, upgrade lights.

4 Likes

I tried pretty much all the advanced nutrients add-ons. They’re all very good for the exception of a few that I didn’t care for and there’s a lot of them from other companies that are just as good at a fraction of the price.

The biggest bonus that I go by is there pH perfect system. I’ve used both but prefer the three piece micro grow bloom version of Base nutrients they are a must! I would never do a grow without them.

The next would be B-52. It’s an excellent source from start to finish of all the different B vitamins, kelp and other beneficial ingredients that I consider a must for my grow

Next will be Big Buds another excellent source of additional phosphate and potassium during flower when you really need that extra boost.

Voodoo Juice is a great source for microbial life for beginners who want to make sure their root zones are protected.

Bud Candy in my opinion is the absolute best feed on the market for your microbial/fungi life. It’s more of a five course dinner for you’re live microbial life.

I’ve eliminated a lot of advanced nutrients additives as I can get them cheaper in other places in different brands that pretty much do the same thing.

I don’t use AN silica
I don’t use AN calcium magnesium

In conjunction with the above advanced nutrients I also use other beneficial microbes and life fungi from other brands.

Any microbial life product that advanced nutrients has is by far well worth buying. Advanced nutrients develops their own microbial life.

The pH perfect base nutrients, B-52, voodoo Juice, Bud Candy, and big buds are by far what I have tested many times and proven effective to me. This is why I continue to use those particular products.

If you want to learn more about advanced nutrients products there’s a must read manifesto out there. After reading this manifesto that I got to tell you was a very long read you will learn a lot more about nutrients your soil how pH works and how super advanced that advanced nutrients truly are from the rest.

Although I don’t endorse advanced nutrients (because I don’t get any money) I definitely support them I highly recommend them to anyone who’s serious about growing.

I almost forgot Sensizym is a must have enzyme’s product that has so many different enzymes that during the last couple of weeks when you take away the nutrients before harvest Sensizym will turn all the ways into organic matter into nutrients that are uptakeable to your plant. I use this religiously

5 Likes

If for some reason you’re interested in what I use in conjunction with advanced nutrients products my current grow journal at the beginning gives you a list of what I use and why and what it does

1 Like

TYVM for the info, I’ll dive into it tonight.

1 Like

Big buds regular or the coco version? I grow in coco and have seen some say the regular is better.

Bud ignitor isn’t worth it?

B-52
Voodoo juice
Big Bud
Bud Candy
Sensizym

Do any of them do them same thing as Recharge, Diamond Nectar, Raw Yucca, or RapidStart? And if not should I use these in combination with the AN additives?

I’ve been told if you use coco to always buy the Coco version as it’s specifically designed for Coco. I couldn’t say if it’s better as I don’t use coco.

Absolutely not. I find this to be totally irrelevant if you’re using big buds it’s only phosphorus and potassium between your base nutrients and big buds you get all the phosphorus potassium you’ll ever need during flower

Along with advanced nutrients voodoo Juice I use two other microbial/fungi products.

1.) Photosynthesis Plus (even more microbial life)
2.) Vegetable and fruit yield enhancer (Endomycorrhizal fungi/ humic acids

And I use Bud Candy to feed them. Using all four products properly you will never have to worry about your soil or microbial life ever again throughout your entire grow.

You will not need recharge, or diamond nectar. These are basically microbial life recharges.

As far as raw yuca goes no it has absolutely nothing to do with anything above and advanced nutrients. However, I use it religiously it’s a watering wetting agent.

As I stated before everything I use and why I use it is in the link above on my current grow. There’s no secrets, no games, just solid information…

Below is nutrient and additive that I use.
(Understanding what you need and why you need it is just as important as buying it)

3 Likes

Would I be able to hold off on the Voodoo Juice and keep using Recharge & Diamond Nectar to finish my 1st grow, I just flipped to flower?

I would then get the B-52, Big Bud, Bud Candy & Sensizym to finish this grow.

And to double check, OverDrive isn’t necessary?

2 Likes

If those products are working good for you now then Yes, by all means continue them.

Here’s my thing with Overdrive it’s made to take over for big buds the last couple weeks of flower. It’s a bud harder finisher.

A properly fed and well lighted canopy is going to grow nice dense buds. My buds were already nice and hard. It was not like lower larf bud is going to harden up for you by using this product for 2 weeks. The moral to this story I think it was Overkill on AN marketing end.

For a product that you only use for 2 weeks you can buy the small AN 500ml bottle cheap and put it through your own test. You got nothing to lose.

It’s in my opinion (and that don’t count for much) I’m not a fan of switching nutrients in the middle of any grow unless it’s detrimental to the safety of your girls. That’s just me.

Voodoo Juice and Bud Candy will take care of your microbial life in your soil (I know nothing about Coco) but I would definitely use cocoa version if that’s what you have.

In conjunction with the voodoo & candy I find that Photosynthesis Plus &
Vegetable and fruit yield enhancer
to be a must. It completes what I consider to be an advanced method of microbial life perfection.

I use voodoo Juice one week, been photosynthesis plus the next week, and vegetable and fruit yield enhancer the following week. (Never using them in same week) then once every other week you feed them with bud candy.

4 Likes

I’ve been using basically this in my first grow and really liking it. I had a few questions though.

1. Do you run voodoo through flower? I pulled in early flower as recommended but have one a boost of it in late flower and was considering giving the rest a boost too following the results.
  2. Do you run bud candy all the way through flower or pull it during the flush? I’ve read something about potential impacts to taste so I was pulling it the last 2 weeks.
  3. Have you tried the Sensi 2 part? I’m giving that a try this next grow just because of the imbalance in the 3 part late bloom.
  4. Have you used flawless finish? I feel like Sensizym mixed with Flawless finish as a sulfur booster makes the most sense as a “flush”. I have sulfur in my water but an switching to RO in my next grow and was reading how beneficial sulfur is for flavor but it seems like the Sensi Bloom series lowers the Sulfur.

Oh also I think I’ve read elsewhere how you approach feeding similar to how most people that run Jack’s on here do by ppm. What do you use as a ppm boost when feeding. Still the Epson salts? Or Cal Mag?

Thanks in advance!!!

Basic and master recipe.

Get the ones used mostly on the list if you dont wanna get all of them, a lot of the additives can be got in 250ml bottles pretty cheap,they last long.

Personally the bud ignitor when i used it the next morning my plant was its most vigorous but oddly also drenched from its own perspiration, it looked like someone sprayed it with a hose, only ever when fed with ignitor. So i dunno what exactly it does but it does something. Plus you use it for one week so its gonna last :man_shrugging:

The must haves for me is voodoo, b52, senszym (reminds me to get more lol) big buds, bud candy. Covering all areas there. But getting the extra bit is also worth it IMO.

1 Like

Thanks! Yeah I’ve seen their feed schedules and used their AI for my first grow feed schedule based on the soil type. Still felt like they ended up a little overfed at the end though. Was planning on monitoring ppm this grow to determine the appropriate feed schedule based on uptake, but most the posts use Jack’s and add Epson salt if they’re less than recommended ppm. I will say I just added Sensizym to the rotation late flower so the salts might have buildup less if I ran that the whole time like I plan to on this grow.

Oh I would add I’m using Fox farms happy frog mixed with ocean forest and perlite on this next grow. I want to start in a 5 gallon and then just place the 5 gallon bag in a 10 gallon of ocean forest about a month in. I think that would cover feed requirements almost to flower. I still plan to hit it with the AN voodoo plus microbes and Sensizym in early watering but kind of hope to avoid even needing the grow nutes and just do bloom mid flower. I’ll do whatever the ppm says though.

Their dosages are waaaay off for sure that takes a bitta tweaking from yourself. 12.5ml of each base + 2.5ml of everything else into 5 litres was the sweet spot for me.

I found salt build up too so every 3rd or 4th feed just went and add an extra litre water, did the job (5.8gal)

2 Likes

Yeah I was doing about 1.5-2 ml / L of everything until bloom where I went to 3 ml/L bloom. I’d usually just do big bud, bud candy, and occasionally Cal Mag. I also was doing water every other watering but am feeding through the AC Infinity wicking self watering bases so I feel like the salts just built up on the bottom quick.

3L about every other day and then almost every day for a little over a week during mid bloom.

This is my first grow and still crossing my fingers through the end of life fall stuff right now.

1 Like

Looking at your math again seems like maybe I just way over fed the boosters. I’ll definitely keep this in mind going into this grow when trying to balance ppm too on ratios. Do you run Sensizym and micros at the 0.5ml /L rate too? What media are you working in?

It could just as easly be that im well underdoing the additives either growmie. That being said i had yellow tips (in a nice way) and a good harvest, even my popcorn was useful, so i wont be changing anything.

.5ml/L of anything that isnt base is what i did. And after week 4 of veg i used 150ppm/5L of calmag up until week 6 or 7 of flower.

Soil/perlie on 80/20 ratio. This next run im going to completely flush my soil prior to use with purified water and replace the ppms with about 450ppm of base and start a seedling from there. I hate guessing with soil

1 Like

I definitely have an abundance of purple, and my painted nails are turning into fingers late flower so I think I’m in the over category for sure.