Anyone have any clue what this is?

This is one of two auto seeds I’m germinating. One sprouted a root normally and the pther done this weird thing

Could be some mold, not sure. Weird camera angle, either way, if you don’t see a tail, it probably won’t sprout.

2 Likes

From the looks of the dirty container…bacteria / mold . You really want a clean environment for germination.

1 Like

Looks like someone stuck a googly eye to it :thinking:

4 Likes

It looks like a bubble?

3 Likes

Its not a dirty container smh. Its in a glass coffee cup. I have dirt on my hands when i touched the seed trying to see wth was goin on. One pic has like a white lookin spot on the water its judt a glare from the camera. But it had been in a clean coff cup with sterile water. Actually it was two of them, one sprouted a tail and went into soil. This one still hadnt done anything and when i moved it around i seen the eyeball lookin thing on the seed.

1 Like

Lol its really does. Ive never seen a sees do that in my life.

Idk wtf. First time ive seen that. One fellow grower said it was a root but its a hole it looks like in the seed. When i touched it it went straight to the bottom

Dead seed from the start. Used to see :eyes: it on the farm. We’d dig down after planting (corn/beans) and it wasn’t unusual to find this. A ball of snot. Not sure what its called…dad always called them “dead seeds”.

Here is a zoomed in pic. So the pieces of soil off my hands in the water doesn’t bother some on here. So you’ve seen this before? Its so weird looks like an eyeball grew on the seed

Definitely one of the weirder things I’ve seen with a seed!

From what I remember, yes @Madams. Dad called them dead seeds for a reason cuz they literally rot from the inside out. Never seen a weed seed do it though. I’d think in this day and age they could eliminate this from happening.

:rofl::rofl: i agree! Last year i had a bruce banner come up two

Here is the next bubble gum i tried to germinate. Last year i tried one out the pqck and thought it was just a fluke. So far 4 out of 10 has been bad. Thinking im gonna find somehwere else to get seeds from these were the first packs i got from this site and 1 out of 3 isnt a good rate. These are precious times