A Union of Maples - Autoflower Chapter!

Definitely agree with you on that. Everyone here has been awesome in helping and giving advice as well as just great all around people. Making alot of great friendships. Happy growing and i can’t wait to see how it goes! Always something new to try👍

2 Likes

Below is an email from Dan at TGSC… I had asked him about growing autos in dust… just remember if you are using new medium and it has nutrients like fox farm happy frog like I use you only want to use 2 tbs per gallon of soil of base earth dust

AUTOS

We often get asked how to best use Earth Dust when growing Autoflowers. This is a basic guide to follow that may help with your success! To start, follow the instructions on your bag to amend your media with the Base mix and allow to cook for 2-4 weeks. It is safe to sow your seeds directly into your soil, however using a peat starter plug can help assure your seeds a safe start. Once you’re plant has matured to day 30-35 you will want to apply your top dressing of Boost at a rate of 3-4 tablespoons per gallon of media and rake it into the top 1 inch layer of media and water. Make sure the top layer of your soil stays moist for a couple of days to allow the nutrients to penetrate into the substrate below. This should provide your plant with all of the nutrition it should need to finish its full cycle. If your plants shows any sign of deficiency, try to incorporate a boost or compost teas to supplement. Remember when growing with a living soil, it is best to keep it simple and let nature go to work. Please let us know if you have any questions and happy growing

6 Likes

Thank you @MeEasy. They sent me that same email when I inquired about using it for autos. I wrote back again and gave them more details about my grow and they were really cool with answering all my questions.
I’m really looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

3 Likes

If you want to see my results I have a thread that is more of a diary than a journal if you click my Homer and again on my featured topic it will take you over there, you’ll have to weed out all the bs’ing I do try to update my grow weekly and there’s two or three grows in there and feel free to ask questions and or join us in the bs’ing

4 Likes

Thank you @MeEasy, I’ll definitely check it out. I’m flushing the plants from my current run tonight. By the time I’m done with that I’ll be looking to sit and relax, it will be nice to have something to read.

3 Likes

Day 5 for these girls and they were thirsty this evening. Looks like it’s going to be 11 plants in the run instead of 12. One of the Wedding Cakes started out really deformed. I’ve seen them straighten out and do fine before, but this one just doesn’t seem to have any fight in her. I’ll give it another day, but I’m pretty sure I’m going to ditch her. I put blue dots by her in the pics.
Other than that, everything is good. The pots with the Earth Dust are cooking, and my current run is about a week and a half from Hatchet, Axe, and Saw Day!

5 Likes

Tiny little girl

2 Likes

@StonedCold13, yeah, too tiny, lol. If it was a photo it might be worth another few days, but an auto that starts like that is pretty much useless.

2 Likes

@MeEasy, you weren’t kidding, it’s going to take me a while to get through that thread of yours, lol.
I made a dent, and I then I had to get back to grow room for a while. I offer high praise to your set up and your plants. Very impressive, I definitely look forward to checking out more of your journal, and seeing what you’re up to currently!
I have another round of flushing to do tonight. So much work, but it smells so good in there, lol.

3 Likes

Thank you Ron I’m still learning and have a ways to go… as for the thread being long most of it is us bs’ing

5 Likes

Hey @Cap_Ron

Here is a link to my current grow… @MeEasy has been my mentor throughout my grows - is da bomb!

Rules; BSing allowed and encouraged, follow ILGM guidelines, no discussions about politics, religion or war (rules at our supper table when I grew up since dad was a WWII vet and my brother in Nam).

4 Likes

Thank you @JaneQP, I’ll definitely check out your journal.

1 Like

Don’t ya wish you could just draw back and female dog slap everyone that didn’t grow up by this simple rule :wink: pawpaw was pretty much my dad, his rule was never talk that shit in public. Dinner was at noon and usually on a tailgate and we didn’t do much supper table eating. Just holidays, damn sure don’t bring it up then :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

Out of likes, but nice and crafty DIY :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

I’m gonna tag along on this one and it looks like your off to a great start. I have been using AN Nirvana and it’s worth it’s money.

Are we topping any of these autos?

2 Likes

@2GreenThumbs glad you’re following along. I haven’t decided exactly what I’m going to do to each of them yet. I used to do all kinds training when I grew photo periods, but I usually keep it fairly basic with the autos. I’ll most likely top at least one or two of them, and I’m always open to new ideas!

1 Like

Most of the majority Sativa autos I had no issues topping but some of the majority Indicas seem to stunt a tad. Good luck!

3 Likes

Merry Christmas everyone! Day 8 for these girls, and they were thirsty again tonight.

5 Likes

These crazy girls might make me cut down my big ones a few days ahead of schedule. I was hoping to wait until next weekend to transplant, but it’s looking like I might have to do it by Wed or Thursday. Little buggers are exploding!

4 Likes

wow, growing fast

2 Likes