A second opinion…

Does this one look a little off to anyone? Double Grape (Mephisto), under a 75 watt CREE lamp, 75 F and 60% RH always, I’m only feeding it when it’s pretty dry (right now it is not).
@yoshi @Hellraiser @Graysin @OGIncognito

4 Likes

I forgot to mention that it is 25 days old and I have just recently started using FF trio nutrients on it @ like a 1/4 strength. If you need anymore info just ask.

Here’s a side photo as well.

1 Like

Dude, are roots supposed to come out the bottom of a 5 gallon fabric pot, because that’s happening.

2 Likes

Mephisto plants are known for a few things, other than being phenomenal, lol. They often get off to odd starts for one. Out of about 18 that I’ve grown, I’d say at least 12 had some sort of mishaped starter leaves, or an off coloration here or there, and they grow at a fairly slow pace through most of veg. Also, they don’t like excessive nitrogen at all, so keep your feedings on the lighter side, especially with the Grow Big.
Ok, don’t take any of those things as negatives, they’re not. Once she hits pre flower and begins to stretch it will be all smiles for you from there on out. I haven’t had a bad one yet, and I have ten more of their seedlings going right now.

3 Likes

What kind of water are you using, tap or RO/distilled?

1 Like

Distilled.

Yeah, it’s been my weirdest grow so far. First, it took FOREVER to sprout. Then it started doing this weird thing where the center leaves grow straight up and look like lettuce. Now the roots are growing through the fabric pot. :joy::joy::joy:

Ok, with the Fox Farm trio and distilled water you should be adding a tiny bit of Cal/mag here and there. Are you doing that currently? She looks slightly dark, I’d back off just a bit with nutes for now.

2 Likes

I forgot to mention that. Yes I am.

Fair enough. I figured the next time I watered I may just do straight H2O.

Are you testing pH and the EC/TDS of your feedings?

That is normal if you in organics soils , as soon as those roots start to wrap the plant will start to grow vertical . Thats the searching roots right , all good signs , ph is good , ppm’s is good , and micro life is thriving . Two weeks they will be triple in height . Keep doing it , just let her do her thang , i would not fool with it for at least 3 more weeks just a few big bottom leaves maybe 4 two on each side and so air can flow over the top of the soil so tge feeding roots zone can start webbing upwards seeking moisture. She is doing mighty fine there .

2 Likes

No. I have a ph meter but I don’t really use it.

Ok, as long as things go smooth that’s cool. If you run into issues, look to pH first, and consider picking up a TDS pen.

2 Likes

Are you raising your pots? Pots sitting on a solid surface will shoot roots out of the bottom.

3 Likes

It’s in a saucer but yeah, it’s flat on that. I’ve only had two grow sessions thus far but 7 plants have been in fabric pots and I had not seen that. All 7 have also been in the same saucer type bases. As long as it’s not a major issue I’m cool with it.

I’ve heard that Mephisto strains are pretty true to their stated times. Has that been your experience?

2 Likes

Thats a good problem to have , you sit in a full 10 gallon and they all will grow down into that 10 once they spike through , pot for a pot technique !

1 Like

Close but not quite. Fastest I’ve had so far were a Strawberry Nuggets and a couple of 3WOK-OG’s that were done at 11 weeks. The rest have all gone 12 to 14 weeks.

2 Likes