Why would I be watering only about once a week?

Ok… I used to be Karen and I changed my handle but the pic is the same, for now.

Hi Fellow Forum Friends! I hope you’re all doing well. I have a question that’s been on my mind the past few weeks. Those of you who know me and have seen all the problems I’ve had with this grow may be able to help. I really just don’t want to rekey everything and trust me, neither fo you.

I’ve noticed that I am only watering once a week or less. The soil is very loose and plenty aerated. The only slightly hard spots would be at the roots. I put in 1 gallon to each plant and as I said, once a week or less. They seem to be ok. Yes, they should have long been in Flower by now but I’m not even getting any scent off them yet and they are still small with no sign of them being ready to flower. Just wondering if it’s normal that they aren’t drinking? I wish we could share shirt videos so I could show you the dirt isn’t caked up. There is barely any Perlite left in the pots so that’s not withholding water from them. The temp in the tent stays between 75-85°f lights on and like 70° lights off, and the Rh stay low around 50%. My light is 26" about my tallest plant and 32" above my shortest, but I rotate every other day so that changes. Seems when I have it any closer the tips turn yellow. The light is on 75% for a few days and then 50% for a day or 2. Trying to make it as much like normal in there as I can. I run 2 fans, used to be 3 but one broke. And I accidentally deleted the rest of this question. Damnit

So that’s it then. My question is: is 1 gallon every 7 days enough? Thanks

7 Likes

My soil typically dries out in 3 days.

7 Likes

Yeah, that’s what all the sites say should be happening.

3 Likes

Are you in a really humid environment?

3 Likes

Is what I am getting out of 5 gal fabric pots, 3 days max runoff to dry!

6 Likes

I run 10 gal pots and water 2.5 gallons every 3rd day with RH always btw 40% (flower) and 60% (veg.)

4 Likes

They look extremely happy and healthy. As long as you run off numbers are good and you’re not noticing any deficiencies I wouldn’t worry too much about the appetite at this point as your environment seems well dialed in.

I’ve had auto flowers eat once a week. And wasn’t until week four or five of flower before they started requiring more waterings. And for the record, I always water to run off of 15% when watering/feeding and everything is saturated.

3 Likes

Thats fine…just don’t over water… when the top couple inches of the soil starts feeling dry then water… as it gets older or bigger then it will start to drink more…but yes., thats normal the once a week watering in the beginning… also the size of the pot makes a difference also…

2 Likes

Well, I’ve got my fingers crossed. They say your plants will tell you when something is wrong and I have felt the past 3 weeks that something wasn’t right with the 3 smaller ones anyway and they really should have started pre flowering a while back like a 6wks ago. By my calculations having put them into dirt on 11/10, they should be at least the 8th week of flowering right now. You know. And that’s generous. So I took the 2 of the 3 that I been telling to shit or get off the pot for weeks now and that I was gonna stop wasting nutes on them if they didn’t, and looked down into their roots and they are very yellow which isn’t good, so I ever so gently took them out and put them into some ph water and let them soak while I got them a new bag filled up and then wet it down and mixed it all up and put them into a new home. I just watered to rest and shall see what is what with those 2 in a few days. Don’t be mad at me, please. I really don’t see how those 2 could have ever flowered with anything success anyway as the are less that a foot tall and are so dense I can’t even see their center stalk. So I didn’t expect to have them much longer anyway as I need the space they’re in for plants that will do well. But if what I did works then great, if not they likely weren’t going to be wasting space much longer. Plus, they look nothing like the SLH I grew last time yet that’s what they were. We’ll see and I’ll let you know.

Also, no, average humidity here. I can leave the tent open and it stays around 45-50% except right after they eat or drink. Then I have to use the dehumidifier for a day.

So yeah. That’s what I’ve done. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:I may yet be proven an idiot but whenever I tried to flush that one time all I got was a gigantic mess, so I guess this was my way of flushing.

3 Likes

Anyone whom tries and puts a seed in the ground gets credit. No one that tries is an idiot in my book. Some places are harder to grow than others. You have initiative and tenacity to keep trying and adjusting. Many others would have given up.

You will be rewarded for your perseverance. I have enjoyed quietly watching your grow and posts. Carry on for sure.

2 Likes

@noddykitty1 Thanks. Let’s hope so. They do seem a bit happier today. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

My girls have drank a half gallon every 3 days since they were 1’ tall.

2 Likes