Why Aren't They Growing?

Tangie-matics. 27 days from germing and in their dirt. Why aren’t they growing? I swear, I will never buy these seeds again. From what I read online last night, this is a sure sign of old seeds. Is that a fact? The 1st 5 I got wouldn’t even germinate. I wish I’d had an option to get a different strain for replacement. I am NOT having fun growing right now. Everything that can go wrong has, between these and the 6 photos I have had going since November 11th and still aren’t flowering and 3 mayaswell be d-e-a-d DEAD.

Just any input on these Tangie Autos would be great.

Thanks so much.

5 Likes

Surprising to see. You’ve been here for a few years (Happy Cake Day) and have seen a few things. Has anything (soil type, water source,…) changed since previous grows?

3 Likes

Do you have the correct airflow?

Airflow, make the leaves dance then dial it back till they almost stop. Here is the ideal wind speed. Not having this is a big issue unfortunately same as too much.

The issue is still the variables not the seed, if I had one cent for every issue I faced learning to grow I wouldn’t need to grow still I’d be rich already.

Patience is the one virtue all growers need, in this you will work out the problems, indoor growing isn’t easy and yet some still make it look easy.

Good luck :grin:

3 Likes

Did you mix your own soil? Or is it a reputable brand? Ph of your soil maybe way out of wack… are you using well water or city water ? The water ph maybe causing this or
You can take some soil from each pot and make a slurry with them and check the ph or test run off… but in your case i would just take some soil samples and test that way…
There could be a number of reasons goin on… but id check the ph first off…
Get one of these if you can
51DDMcPbQiL.AC

1 Like

Get this to check the ph of your water…
download (1)
If you have city water let it set for 24 hours in your watering can so the chlorine can evaporate off…

2 Likes

No, I didn’t mix it myself. I did change soils this time due to the last being full of those bugs. Some of you already know, also it did tend to harden up, but that last grow was so great anyway. And I like the soil. Nothing special but has a lot of fluff to it and I did add perlite.
I will do slurries on them shortly. I have only been giving them pH balanced water and I use Rain Water.
I really wish this was like the last grow. Low yield but top shelf results and everything was right on time. Maybe that’s my problem? Last time I gave them ViVoSun A &B and didn’t know better so fed them every time, no just water, even as seedlings. Maybe I should start with the ViVoSun nutes on these? I wouldn’t want to change up my photos at this point, so will continue with the GH nutes on them, but maybe on these Autos use the ViVo? What say you guys about that?

1 Like

What soil was it?

1 Like

Oh gosh, some walmart stuff. Idr the name but it seems ok. All the bags I’ve bought have been consistent in the way it looks. And it doesn’t get hard on the bottom. Anyway, it’s what I can afford for now. But everything was new for these, I’ve even ordered a $200 Combo meter that I’m looking forward to using. That’ll be my upcoming question as I just did the slurries.

2 Likes

Ok. So here goes with the slurries. My meter is junk, junk, and more junk. In the solutions I got from Grainger, in the 7. it reads 7.85@64.4°F and the readings on each test were: 8.00, 8.08, 8.09, and 8.21. I’m not sure I understand it correctly but I think what I’m supposed to do is subtract the .85 from each of those numbers? Except that in the 4.0 solution it reads 4.14@63.6°F. So the numbers don’t make sense at all. At 68°F they should not be a ± involved. Even taking off the .85 the numbers are still over 7. which is still too high. Except that before, last full grow, the nute manufacturer recommended 6.5-7.5 and so I kept those at around 7.0 and they were good. I’m seriously not trying to flush them when they are so small. What else can I do to bring that pesky number down? When I water the pH I’m putting in is low. If you take off the .85 it’s really low. :person_shrugging::person_shrugging:

Possibly you have decomposition happing from all of the debris in it and its causing ph swings… are you sure it was potting soil and not bagged compost?
Im just riffing here, but Maybe you can use your old soil that you had a successful grow in and transplant these auto’s to? Thats if you still have the old soil… From what i understand about auto’s is they are sensitive to stress, but at this point i dont think it would hurt to try…

1 Like

It is a Potting Mix, whatever that means. Thing is that old soil has the nutes for Flowering in it and idk how to get that out so that it wouldn’t be too harsh for young plants. You know?

1 Like

Ok well guessing you may not be able to afford a tent and extraction?

What do you mean by extraction? I have 1 tent, a 5x6, and 2 lights. I intend to get a 2nd tent, a 4x2, as soon as my windfall comes in. Lol! It is expected.

1 Like

Come on i just started. I’ve lost at least 15. Dont give up i love growing has nutrients that can help you. Nothing is easy if it pays off. Hang in there were here for you.

1 Like

I believe they were referring to extracting stale air via an exhaust fan.

3 Likes

A big inline fan that pulls air through the tent, also creates wind which if you don’t have makes ugly yellow frail sick looking seedlings like yours!

How long you grown bro!?

1 Like

Yeah, I have all if that and also keep it open on days when I can and it’s been nice weather so the doors and windows are open. I did, however, put a humidifier in their area last night and am hoping this helps some. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:Had to get out early today and wasn’t able to look at them yet. Hopefully there will be signs of improvement when I get home. Thanks @donnie1971

You don’t keep the tent open you out he fan on open the bottom vents and make sure enouuair is flowinflg over the plants.

But I guess you know best!

Idky you say that, but all I do know best is that when people say stupid stuff like that then my stupid goes into overdrive and I stop asking questions at all. That’s just me. Nothing worse than a snide remark to make me feel like I’ve also said something disrespectful and after going back and rereading I see that I’ve said nothing rude and so then I feel unwelcome and will leave for a while and just try to figure it out by doing what’s been recommended and when those things don’t bring the expected results then I shall try to figure it ouf on my own because again, unwelcome I am. Thanks for that.

1 Like

Furthermore, after going back and reading your responses, @RHarriS1 , maybe it is you that need a break. Apart from your first comment here, every bit of your input has been rude, unacceptable, and completely out of line. Please just stay off anything that I ask in the future. Thanks so much.

5 Likes