When does it begin

When does the first week of flower begin ? If i flip lights to 12/12 lets say on the first day of the month does that mean on the 8th is the beginning of the second week of flower stage and if so I’m 3 days into week 10 now with still clear trichomes on a couple plants.

2 Likes

Many consider the start of flowering to be the date on which pistils first appear at the tips of the plant. It generally takes a week to 10 days from the flip.

3 days into week 10 since the flip, or since the seed popped?

Pics are always very helpful.

5 Likes

It takes couple weeks to transition it begin frist pistols my friend happy growing

4 Likes

14 Likes

Thats the actual color of the orangish one

4 Likes

Ok thanks from all, thats refreshing to know its only week 8 or 9, snow here today possible 5 to 8 inches, no big deal, itll feel good to work outside for an hour or so, worh up an appetite for lunch, second thought maybe have lunch, half hour nap and then a little workout, thinking of cutting light intensity from 3 quarters to half.

4 Likes

Very nice grow my friend congratulations.

2 Likes

Thats gonna be a nice harvest real soon!

2 Likes

Thanks, that just means trimming soon and not sure i want to use the 19 inch rotary trimmer again but trimming by hand is out of the question

1 Like

Thanks, nerve wracking but thats ok.

1 Like

Flower starts when you flip the lights. Doesn’t mean they’re going to finish right on time but that’s definitely the reference point.

2 Likes

Most people I know dont start counting flowering until theres pistil forming buttons on the ends of the branches. The first sign of pistils she is just showing that she sexually mature after that is preflower where calyx’s are starting to form at the nodes and beginning to stack up. This can take 2+ weeks sometimes before shes fully flowering. None of it really matters cuz she’s gonna be done when shes ready no matter when you started calling it the 1st week.

1 Like

Nice looking plants @Boogy

1 Like

Now the tough part, knowing when to chop and then not over drying using branch snap method

1 Like

Thats when i started counting and it puts me in week 10, so im on the threshold, im going to get in there later today with my loop and do a thorough trichomes check, plants with yellow leaves are looking ready but other two with redish leaves more clear and cloudy.

2 Likes

Bowl trimmer works good if you don’t over load and go slow with the crank. However I trim all my nice big colas by hand. Trimming is sure a tedious time consuming job.

3 Likes

Im going to do exactly that little at a time and slow, thanks.

I used to start counting from the flip, but it was always at least a couple weeks later than the breeder stated, so now I start counting flowering days when I have actual budlets. It’s usually 8 or 9 weeks from that point, and it usually takes a couple weeks to get budlets.

2 Likes

Good to hear thanks.

1 Like

I agree on the bud trimmer dont over load it and crank slow. I only do between 5 and 10 cranks. All of my bud gets wet trimmed by hand then dried and run through the trimmer. The trimmings in the bottom of the bowl are full of trichomes. I bag it up and freeze it for later extraction. If I was only growing a couple plants indoors I probably wouldn’t use a bud trimmer. I use my trim bin. I ended up with around 15lbs dried and cured last year. Thank God my wife loves trimming. Wet trimming alows me to inspect every bud and cola.

1 Like