Trying to decide on a light

Building a small grow room 4x3.5 but limited in height
Looking at either a growers choice 420 or a hlg 350
Any and all advice greatly appreciated

1 Like

HLG has a refurbished lights if your on a budget you may get something larger than a 350 that a little small

3 Likes

Buy a kingbrite save your money.

2 Likes

HLG 2-260 XL kits would fit nicely being like $560-80ish for 520 Watts

1 Like

For that space, I highly recommend a ChilLED Tech X3. Made for 4x2 space but will fill your space nicely with light. I have HLG and ChilLED Tech and I personally love the X3, not knocking the HLG just get great results with the X3. Assembly is super straight forward if you buy the DIY kit and save yourself a $100.

3 Likes

If cost is ypur concern I don’t think id go with the growers choice. That being said if it isn’t a concern then get it. I have a roi e720 growers choice and it’s pretty sweet but they were 1k a pop and then the master controller is like 300. I had a 4x8 and it barely fits side to side tho as you can see in the pics so check your length and width

5 Likes

Welcome ! If you have not already built the space I would shoot for a 4 x 4 space if possible. A good size space and not over expensive to light. Also I like to allow at least a 2 x 2 space for each plant. Just my thoughts luck with your grow.
:v::+1:

1 Like