True Noob's Need Lot's of Help!

@tee3737. Any ideas why not? I can just get feminized seeds no problem, just wondering.

So I think I found the answer. It’s because of the short veg time. Best to leave well enough alone on cloning autos. Most are reporting that it also stunts the original plant.

2 Likes

I had taken some clones from “The Flav” before I knew it was an Auto. Almost tasted like Starbursts, so I wanted more.

I usually start mine early in the attempt to get two harvest from each plant. Granted the first harvest is always small, but I was always able to get rid of the males before my true growing season starts.

It stunted the mother in a way that I believe I lost at least half of what I could have gotten. The cuttings, which had just started showing signs of sex, just couldn’t put out enough roots in time.

I would not stop someone from experimenting with them, but I will always recommend not trying to clone them.

Except for the six bag seeds I dropped to experience indoor trials, I plan on using ILGM seeds from now on. Fems and autos mostly, but I’m sure I’ll get some non fem too since I heard they are the best for mothers.

Easier to do when you know how to properly sex them…

6 Likes

@FloridaSon thanks for sharing your experience. I’d rather play with a little light LST and scrog to increase my yield. I can do some cloning next go around.

3 Likes

@FyshhTrap meant to reply and say i think that there is a grow in progress on here somewhere that is an auto and is a scrog and maybe LST as well.

I’m gonna go look for it and post the link here.

My only concern with scrog is watering.

Here is @Masshole doing an auto LST.
Amnesia Haze Autoflower - LST

2 Likes

get a transmission funnel with a long neck @bob31 it could reach down through scrog to pots. just an idea

3 Likes

@BIGE absolutely, that would work!

1 Like

@garrigan62 has cloned a couple of white widow autos it can be done but it has to be done early.

1 Like

Did not know that I was under the impression you couldn’t thank s @Usmcjojo for the info.:cactus:

No problem I think he has a grow journal if not I’m sure he will post a pick now that he was tagged.

1 Like

@tee3737 here is the link.
Team 101 { Experiment } Auto Grow, Clone Or Not To Clone Auto's

1 Like

This will be an interesting watch thanks for the link. :+1:

2 Likes

And that is a Great grow indeed, I Will try @Masshole, some of his technique on my next grow !!

1 Like

Just thought I would share this with all my fellow cultivators out there that are messing with the scrogging or just have a tent and you can’t reach to the back the transmission funnel sounds pretty cool but they’re usually only about a foot-and-a-half long 2 if you’re lucky… well here’s a pic of something I picked up at Lowe’s that’s on clearance right now and it’s basically a funnel for your Christmas tree so that way you don’t have to get on your hands and knees and try and water from underneath and what’s cool about it is that I believe it’s almost 4 foot long and since it was on clearance , so I got it for a dollar :laughing:… So i actually bought 4 of them so hopefully thier will be some there .lol… If not check it out on Google or Amazon…
I have to resize pic…

:v::sunglasses:

6 Likes

@peachfuzz that’s pretty cool. I will keep my eyes open for one of those. Good find!

Excellent grab!!!:sunglasses:

Funny thing. I had about $50 worth of stuff sitting in my Lowe’s online cart as I have another project I’m working on and I went on the website to look. They don’t have any in stock in my area but it’s 1.75 and free shipping because of the other stuff already in my cart.

2 Likes

lol,go figure!:smiley: we were talking about amazons cart system earlier,pollen sifter,and how the price has risen. you put it in the cart and wait they will usually offer you a ‘‘sale’’…lol

2 Likes

I saw that conversation on the hash thread and noticed the same bs with the cart prices. I do a lot of save for later and then check the cart / saved for later to see if the price has gone down. I can play their game too, lol.

3 Likes

So after reading through a bunch of grow journals and other posts, I have a “Need” List and a “Want” List.

The Need List is about 12 items long and the Want list is another 15 items long.

I just found out that there is a small hydroponics store in town that has a bunch of the stuff I need/ want and they carry all the foxfarm soils and neuts.

I can’t even begin to describe all of the good things I have learned. PH is King and patience is Queen.

Food grade DE is good to have on hand, just in case of spider mites.

And a hundred other things!

Ya’ll are good folks and I appreciate everyone’s comments and pointers. There is no shortage of guys wanting to jump in and help out. A true brotherhood.

7 Likes