Triploid vs Diploid Cannabis

Can Triploid Genetics Be The Game Changer For The Cannabis Industry? Can Triploid Genetics Be The Game Changer For The Cannabis Industry?

1 Like

Haven’t seen you around for a while. Welcome back.

I ordered 5 orange barb seeds from Seedsman. I’ve grown 3 of them and they were all polyploids. They are hard to manage because of the excess growth.

The plant topped itself and one of the branches was putting out so much foliage that it nearly choked itself to death (2nd pic). There was random growth all over the plant.

4 Likes

If you tap on my comment its a link to the Forbes magazine article

Yeah. I read the article. It was a good one. Thanks for posting it.

1 Like

Thanks, i haven’t seen you around either. I will tag you in my grow journal. I am just finishing up my 2nd grow because of all the help you offered me on my first grow when i joined here to learn how to grow indoors.
So Seedsman had Polyploid seeds? I definitely want to try and grow a few of these. It looks like your taming a wild mustang for sure. I think that would be fun man…
I am tagging you in my journal right now.

1 Like

They weren’t sold as polyploids. It just happened that they were. I suspect that the remaining 2 seeds are polyploids as well.

1 Like

How can one obtain Poyploid seeds? Thats amazing it happened by accident! Very interesting… i want to grow a Polyploid real bad now…
I am considering on using UV lighting for my next grow to try and enhance the terpenes profile…i here it works…

I didn’t find the smoke particularly appealing. I ended up giving all of it away because I just didn’t like the high it gave me. I ended up giving a half-pound of it to my nephew to give to his golf buddies.

1 Like

Humboldt Seed Co has Triploid seeds

3 Likes

What was it that you weren’t comfortable with? Was it a paranoid high? I get that… i try to avoid it… i don’t like feeling like that with the anxiety and worrying over nothing…i am watching my trichomes very close so i get just enough amber to taper that effect off with the amber CBD. I like energetic creative high though so, its a gamble for me because i don’t like getting tired and hungry from weed. I am in search of that perfect balance. I want my weed to give me the chuckles. I love to laugh but i still need to be on point and not lazing on a couch stuffing my face full of Oreo Cookies and milk…LOL its really not all that bad…

1 Like

Thanks… after reading that article it got into me that i need to experience one of these plants…

It was just a strange high that I don’t have words for. It wasn’t racy, paranoia, or anxiety, it was just strange.

It’s my goal from smoking. I hit a cart a couple times just before bedtime as a sleep aid. I’m not a daytime smoker. Indica, sativa, it doesn’t matter. Weed puts me to sleep.

3 Likes

I get that… i do the same but i am also a daytime smoker. Sometimes i need it first thing in the morning because that seems to be the worst part of the day for me most days, i suffer PTSD really bad… Man it gets so bad without having something to smoke to take the edge off i literally shake. My hands tremble. Mostly out of anger and resentment due to alot of trauma I’ve suffered both physically and mentally. It never goes away on its own. Thank God for legal Cannabis!

1 Like

GMW. I’m good.

1 Like

I think the revolutionary revelation is that you can grow them under males and they won’t get prego w seeds. True unfertilizable females. Unless you have Triploid males too.

Regular diploid seeds pollen would not be compatible with the ovules of the triploid females is what I am trying to say. Square peg in round hole.

You could drop one in the middle of a hermi-hemp field to grow and it would be sinsemilla.

1 Like

I think they would be a game changer for outdoor plants in an area with large scale hemp production. This whole delta 9 shit is shit

2 Likes

Delta 9 Tetraconabinol? That stuff the pharmaceutical world sales in those pills called Dronabinal?

I have a plant that looks just like yours it’s a white w i think…how did it work out.? Did you defoliate at certain weeks or have any info to help me out or maybe wish you did somthing else…let me know thanks

1 Like

Post some photos of it.