Trichome thoughts?

From 2 different buds. One from top and one from bottom.

1 Like

To soon few more weeks


Too much clear.


Couple more weeks. Itll be worth the wait.


Appreciate all the feedback. It’s good to share the grow.

What they said! :point_up_2:t3: :point_up_2:t3: :point_up_2:t3:


I think you and me are in the same boat. I am holding out for the final plant of the first grow to finish. She is in her 15th week of flowering! Still too many clear. My issue is that she is foxtailing now and I am having a difficult time seeing anything but mew clear trichomes!

Someone had suggested a little bud taste. Harvest a small one, dry quickly, sample it and get an idea of what it will be like.

Continued success!

1 Like

Going out of town Friday for the weekend. Good to wait a week to harvest?

@Bulldognuts, thoughts. You’ve always been helpful and willing to advise

I believe you could wait. But you are definitely in the window. Lots of cloudy showing and should be good to go by the weekend.

1 Like

i see some amber- its time

1 Like

My dilemma is this is my first grow, which means my first dry. I have it all set up to dry, but I will be out of town Fri, Sat, and most of Sun. If I cut now and hang to dry, I won’t be able to monitor how it’s progressing on days 3, 4, and 5. I’m thinking that’s kind of essential. Other option is to cut late Sunday night or Monday morning, but that is 5 more days of trichomes changing. To I hope to have my dry space dialed in within 2 days that it can go unmonitored for 3? Or do I push the grow time and risk going past peak time to cut the flowers?

You have amber showing- degradation has already begun.

1 Like

more pics from different buds, same plant. I still see some clear. I see clear, cloudy and amber. Slightly confused. I’m a horrible decision maker

1 Like

I’ve seen the same thing in many of my plants. This is what I decided, if they were Indica this was good enough, if they were Sativa, I would let them go so there were hardly any clear. Hybrids a little longer too.
It’s just what I decided, and I like the results.
My reasoning was to lessen the couch lock effect on Indicas, but give a little more relaxation effect on Sativas.
I could be wrong, and I’m ok with that.

1 Like

@Covertgrower. Whatcha ya think? Today or in 6 days. That’s really my 2 options

Based on trichomes it looks ready, but what does the overall flower look like? I scrolled up, but didn’t see one.

1 Like

1 Like

Besides being gorgeous, all of your pistils are at least 95% brown. They’re ready when you are.


This is great information from experienced growers. I was looking at these images and noticed more clear trichomes than amber ones.

I am in a similar stage with my Northern. Still more white pistils than yours though.

Now I have a better understanding for when to harvest.

Those are awesome pics. Great work getting this far. I am curious about the drying dilemma you brought up.

Good luck!