Transplant shock and nute burn

So I transplanted 4 days ago my lsd and Blueberry that where both in solo cups are doing amazing but my Chemdog clone that was in a 1 gallon pot has taken the transplant hard I didn’t do anything to the roots I transplanted to a 3gal smart pot bottom 3rd is FF OF top 2/3 is FF HF i used a rooting powder that i typically use while transplanting watering with plain ph’d water and now she hasn’t gotten much better plus it looks like she’s taking on nute burn feom the fresh soil wondering maybe a hot batch ive had 4 grows not all in FF soil and have never had this issue

I advise you to fill out a support ticket in order to receive a better more informed answer.

What strain -ILGM Chemdog clone
-Age of plant rooted and put in soil 4-1
-Method: Fox Farms Ocean forest bottom 3rd FF HF top 2/3
-Vessels: fabric pots
-ph going is fluctuates between 5.8-6.8 haven’t watered to run off yet and have not tested any run off yet
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrients-N/A
-Method used to measure PH and TDS-Apera PC60
-Indoor or Outdoor -Indoor in 4x2 tent
-Lighting HLG 260W XL QB V2 RSPEC
-Actul wattage draw of lights -250 Watts
-Current Light Schedule 18/6
-Temps; Day, Night-Day 70-75 Nights 70
-Humidity; Day, Night 60-70%
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size-Yes 4in Infinity t4
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, -No
-Co2; Yes, No-No

@Covertgrower @Myfriendis410 @latewood @Nicky anyone around this fine Monday by chance haha?

2 Likes

How turned up are your lights?
It looks like the lights might be cranking in there. Photos never do the light justice.
I would dim the fixture, and continue feeding epsom salt until you see new growth.

2 Likes

Light is only at half power at 24in and currently im not feeding anything due to just transplanting only thing I use is cal-mag to get my ppm up sense I use distilled water

1 Like

I would dim the fixture a little more, until you see new growth that looks healthy. Continue using cal mag, but you’ll need to feed nutrients also.

1 Like

Why do I need to add nutes when the soil is fresh there are nutrients in the soil already to begin with that should be more than enough for the first 3 weeks minimum of being in it

You may not have to. That’s why you need runoff test. Either ppm is low and need nutes or you could have ph issues causing nute lockout

And agree on lighting. My 650 is on notch 3 which is only like 250 and they just don’t take the anything higher.

1 Like

Well they will be due tomorrow for a watering ill give her a good soak and get some run off I just didn’t think of a ph issue due to my little girls getting the same water as her and they both are thriving no issues what so ever ill also dim the light back another couple notches and maybe lift the light another couple inches also I have to hook up the new potentiometer tho due to the one that came with broke out of box so now its time to find it haha

1 Like

I too would suggest turning lights down to around 50% until you hit flower.

As a case in point I just moved an SLH from under a QB135 (130 watts) to the flower space and the plant is 3 feet tall and gorgeous.

Could also be strain specific I believe you said the others were great but we’re different strains. I had same issue where all my indica learners were fine but one sativa had some
Lockout that flush seemed to fix.

1 Like

Yeah I gues I had it around 75% power I backed it off a bunch around 40-50% and as far as I’m aware all 3 girls are indica dominant but ill cut back some of the plant also and will check ppm tomorrow and probably end up flushing

1 Like

Keep us posted. Mine was an example I did it mean to imply indica or sativa are prone to anything. Although I do believe sativa could take more light and heat.

1 Like

So sense I use distilled water and its considered a neutral ph do I need to adjust the water at all I typically do but thats after I add cal mag to give the water a ppm

That’s my understanding. By itself no but once you include nutes/calmag/silica whatever then you do.

2 Likes

So I took and used about a whole gallon of distilled water to get run off I decided to test the water before going in and this is what I got
EC going in was 24.5
TDS going in was 15.5
PH going in was 5.8

I collected my runoff readings and this is what I got all readings where taken with a Apera PC60

EC out was 6.0
TDS out was 4.21
PH out was 5.98

Also to my knowledge I thought distilled water is supposed to have a 0 ec and tds?

I was told until you add to the water you can’t get accurate readings. I measure ppm I don’t know what those numbers you have equate to. Ph nearly at six is pretty good. I’m sure the smart folks will chime in

1 Like

Well hopefully some others chime in here soon and hopefully if anything I “flushed” the soil a tad atleast I know the ph is in a good spot i wonder is im not adding enough cal mag looking over my plant again and it does almost seem like that but ud assume being in fresh soil i wouldn’t need calmag for atleast a couple weeks

For what it’s worth I add it every other feeding from the start. It’s pretty common with ff. They even sell it now of course. I’ve not read of many issues with adding too much of that but I see it all the time on these forums and I did it last run, waiting till it shows before adding it.

1 Like