Tools or hacks that make your life easier

Post items or tricks that you don’t necessarily see being used or done, but make your life a bit easier.

The Nute Needle - I buy some nute additions in large bottles, making measuring so much easier.

5-gallon Brewing Buckets with a spout - It is mostly about the spout for filling anything.

A cut piece of small PVC - great for stirring!

Submersible pump - Not only great for mixing nutes in your res, but I also use it to pump water out of the nute bucket (with a hose attached obviously) to feed plants (especially the ones in the back of the tent that are hard to reach when you have a trellis net installed).

41MO4VKguWL_1024x1024@2x

8 Likes

Transmission fluid funnel with a 3/4 pvc pipe extension.
Makes watering easier.
I have arthritis and bending over is painful.
I also have a box cutter blade on a bamboo stake for cutting lower verge off the plant.

11 Likes

Already in love with this thread… thank you @yourviolentpast for starting this!!!

6 Likes

Handiest gadget hands down for me is the post harvest trim bin.

When o got mine a few years ago it was like 20$. Amazon now has them for 50 something. Yikes. I just did a quick local Craigslist search and there are a bunch of these used for sale for a few bucks. Check there first if you are watching your $.

5 Likes

Definitely a must have!

1 Like

Gotta 2nd that. I love me some Kief and moonrocks.

3 Likes

I keep batches of Jack’s 321 in separate Tupperware to decrease any access to moisture in my damp basement. The Tupperware is still pretty full after 4 grows and I haven’t had to refill. I bought the Tupperware at the $1 store. The large bags the powders come in are tied up in trash bags with desiccant packs to help with moisture as well.

I also write the amount needed on the Tupperware lid per 5 gallons or 25 gallons depending on if I’m mixing for a bucket or my res.

I write these amounts on liquid nute bottles as well. The less I need to think the better.

Team grow lazy!

6 Likes

I label grove bags with painter’s tape to write the strain name and date. Easy to remove and reuse for your next grow.

6 Likes

@yourviolentpast I wish I’d have thought of that!

4 Likes

alcohol can remove that, too!

4 Likes

Alcohol removes alot things, memory, inhibition, :rofl: :rofl:

8 Likes

My bong is my best tool after a days work.:grin: or relaxation day it comes in pretty handy.

6 Likes

well, what’s the bong that gets your job done? Be specific!

2 Likes

I bought a cheap metal rack. 32” tall, 32” wide and 16” deep. Best thing for my nute storage, tools, and my 5 gallon res is on the bottom with one of those pumps and a hose.

5 Likes

It’s a gravity bong. Studenglass but in reality my best tool is my bubble magic washing machine!

6 Likes

@John7 From bubblebagdude?

1 Like

Is that a company or am I lost?

1 Like

I put a WaveMaker in my nute bucket for stirring and agitation.

5 Likes

Happy versery @Myfriendis410 .

3 Likes

same! I plug it into a timer on a schedule of 15m every hour to stir.

4 Likes