To top or not to top autoflowers

Hey what’s going on? I have read a lot and seen so many videos and they all contradict each other lol! Is it a good idea/safe to top auto flowers?

3 Likes

I haven’t, but lots of growers on this forum have and do. Good luck and happy growing!!!

1 Like

I accidentally topped the one on the left and got about 25% more yield than the one on the right planted same time.

By

11 Likes

You absolutely can top autoflowers, I top all of mine. Some strains respond better than others and you have to know when to do it with an auto. I highly suggest going to The AutoFlower Network and poking around, that site is a wealth of information.

5 Likes

I appreciate your response,Those look amazing! :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks for the response! I accidentally topped one of mine a long while back and it was OK but I read and see so many videos and they all contradict each other lol

1 Like

Thanks for the response! Think I’ll give it a try

1 Like

What strain are those?

I am growing 6 autos right now and im doing LST on 5 and I topped one, which was the runt of group. It’s been a few days since I topped mine and I’m blown away with how well it has reacted to it. Can’t wait to see the yield it brings!

1 Like

Oh wow!!! That does look amazing! How many nodes did you have on that one before you topped?

I topped at the 4th node, I was a complete chicken sh!t to go any lower lol

2 Likes

Lmaoooo!! You’re not alone my friend! I’m the same way even though I’ve done certain things in the past and it worked every time Its still like the first time in some occasions and I hesitate

1 Like

Here is the plant I topped 6 days ago, it’s grown a bunch since then.

1 Like

That one looks very healthy and the growth looks on point!:+1:t3:

1 Like

It’s settled, I am going to top!

1 Like

Thank you! I’m so scared to over-do or under-do anything. The only thing I’ve successfully grown before was mold! I don’t usually have a green thumb.

2 Likes

Are these all autos in that pic?

1 Like

You should try it, it’s liberating! Lol

1 Like

Lol damn mold!! I’ll look at it more As being cautious lol I’m the same way! I can watch a video with step-by-step instructions and still feel hesitant! The two on the right are blueberry :blueberries: auto and the one on the left is Bruce banner auto.The tall one in the back I don’t know what strain it is I do know that it is a photo, I cloned it from a awesome plant I grew from a bag of dro I came across

I’ve topped others before but that was in my beginning grows and pests did them in.As far as the topping they were doing awesome then the bugs came :rage: