Strain; Strawberry kush, OG kush and White widow
Soil in pots, Fox Farm Ocean Forest
PH of runoff or solution in reservoir? 6.6
What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS Have not added any Nuts yet other then what is in the Soil
Indoor
Light system, size? Led 1000watt
Temps; Day,73 Night 70
Humidity; Day 50% Night N/A
Ventilation system; 357cfm 6inch inline fan
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, non
Co2; Yes, No
I am having some issues I am not sure what’s going on. Do I have a deficiency or toxicity going on they are 30 days old I am getting the same thing on all the plants. I will add pictures below. I have grown these from seeds and ordered them from ILGM
How are you testing your pH? Are you testing the water pH before you adding anything? Are you testing TDS/PPM of the water before adding anything? Are you sure the pH at the root zone is 6.6? If you havent added any nutes, this could be your problem, the red leaf stems point to a a phosphorus deficiency and or a cal/mag problem. Cal/mag problems are often caused by a bad pH at the root zone.
I agree with Mac this is most likely a ph issue the purple stems and clawing make me think the above but could also be a toxicity N possibly how often are you feeding? Ocean forest should require almost no feeding until transition to flower
What kind of water are you using? Tap RO bottled? excess iron or copper could be present in your water so a tds reading is never a poor choice
I have been checking the pH with a pH meter. I have been adding cal-mag and silica every other feeding. I do not have a PPM meter, I may want to get one of those. I’ve checked the water run off after feeding it’s saying 6.5 as of today.
I’ve never worried all that much about the chlorine in tap water. It may depend on some peoples levels, but chlorine is actually a needed element for plants. Excessive chlorine might kill off some of your beneficial microbes though.
The thing we are more concerned about are the excessive minerals in the water, too much lime scale minerals such as – calcium, iron and/or copper. These can contribute to nutrient lock-out.
Alright so I went and bought a soil ph meter and have tested the soil in my root zone. Looks like the PH in my root zone is about 7.3 to 7.5… Any advice on how to lower the PH in my root zone? Again I am using Fox Farm Ocean Forest?
sounds to me like a flush is in order it’s a very simple process.
1# how big are your pots this is how you determine how much water to ph and start flush with, you will want 3-4 times the water volume of your pot. 2# ph your water slightly low 6 or so run rinse your plants soil by slowly adding the ph’d water to it I like to add some water give it a few minutes then start my flush, I find this lets the medium hydrate loosens salts and makes your rinse/flush more effective. 3# run 2 times the volume of your pot worth of water through the soil then test ph of run off again continue with third volume then fourth as needed. When I say volume of pot I mean 5 gal pot you’ll need 15-20 gal of water the goal is to rinse soil and take your time what you want is your run off to be around 6.2-6.8 6.5 being optimum.
Simply because I say 3-4 times volume doesn’t mean it won’t take more or less your soil is overloaded with nutrients/salts which you are trying to rinse out this process causes stress so should be done all at once not some tonight some tomorrow. Your plants will look over watered which they are give it few days after before watering you can feed very lightly in last volume of water added. Knowing your run off ph is the difference between a new grower and an experienced grower it allows you to adjust ph of each watering to get plant to optimum
Hope this helps
Ok so I flushed my plants on Wednesday night and now I’m getting the top leafs are turning yellow. The leafs were dark green with the claw. From what I’ve been reading it was pointing to NITROGEN TOXICITY. After the flush I’m not noticing anything getting better. I ran aproximently 12 gal of water threw the pots. I have not watered since. Should I water with some cal-magic or other nuts?
give them a light feeding with calmag and proper ph’d they are likely hungry but you have to keep in mind a flush does stress plant so they will look stressed