Super Skunk? Is this actually Super Skunk

My Super Skunk turned out a bit different than other pictures of this strain i’ve seen online. 1st picture is day 61 of flower and 2nd pic is a trimmed bud.

Was this a mixup of seeds, honest mistake if it was?

3 Likes

How does it smell/smoke? I’ve seen multiple varieties of skunk out there, it’s possible you just got a killer interesting phenotype.

2 Likes

It’s curing in a pair of 1lb Grove bags right now. Only been in cure since September 1st. Smells gassy, pungent but not skunky? Maybe with more curing it’ll come through more.

1 Like

I wouldnt go by other pictures of that strain as we all know you can get different pheno types and geno types and they will look different to other plants of the same strain you may just have a different pheno

2 Likes

Go look at some entries for strain of the month and see different looking buds for same strain.

2 Likes

Every single seed will hold different phenotypes meaning each seed will have different characteristics from the 2 plants that where used to breed that strain no 2 seeds will ever be the same you probably have the strain you purchased its just a different phenotype than whats pictured in the description on the website

1 Like

My plant is a Super Skunk strain. Plant is very tall. Pistils are turning amber. 1st time growing Super :skunk:

1 Like

@Tafuta,

Is that a light strapped to the side of that 5 gallon bucket? Or am I seeing things?

The light is attached to the wall. The plant grew so tall I had to move light from ceiling and hang on the wall. I do move the light back and forth from wall to ceiling.

1 Like

Super Skunk strain. Just harvested. This bud is from the plant you asked about the lighting.

1 Like

It’s a wrap……

Check out skunk #1 :wink: ILGM super skunk is a lil different. Although I would not toss them gorgeous nugs out. Nice haul

Hello Thumper. I’m working on a Runtz AutoFlower

1 Like

What are you growing now………,

I’m growing some gift strains from @DEEPDIVERDAVE. I have my usual keepers, jilly bean, Durban, blueberry, straw cough x Durban, Chemdog, irie strawberry starburst, and a few more of my No name crosses.

I am pheno hunting 100 seeds of my jillybean x blueberry that I made two winters ago. Had no time to pop them until now. The jilly bean and the blueberry are the two best mold resistant strains in my experience. I have high hopes for the F1s.

Then as I sprouted the above F1s, as I sexed them early winter, I let them pollinate. Then I reveged them, harvested S1 seeds from open pollinationnof the F1s. Replanted the F1s after I plucked seeds for the crop outdoor.

These seeds were then sprouted (100 seeds) to be pheno hunted. So f1 crosses growing next to their S1 babies at the exact same time. I plan to cull down to 10 keepers out of the 200 seeds.
100 f1 jilly x blue dream
100 S1 from their open pollination.
Hope that makes sense.

Cull ruthlessly for herms, mold, bad growth, No terps, or leafy larf pops. But #1 trait selected for is hands down mold resistance.

The older I get the more I find myself harvesting seeds over buds. I really enjoy it. It reminds me of breeding fish. My other passion.

2 Likes

Morning, very cool! Love to watch a good pheno hunt! Hope you find a perfect specimen!

1 Like