Suddenly I have baby buds starting on the bottom but I’m 6 weeks into bloom. Do I cut them off?

I found I get more bud growth when I trim heavy leaving just enough leaves as to not shade the lower part of the plant. I add most of my popcorn buds on to add to my trim for making canna butter

Hey thanks I appreciate the close up pic. Since I’m so close to harvest would doing that now cause it to stop growing buds or is it still safe? I did some trimming last night and took all the little buds at the bottom.

I keep mine trimmed just as it looks all the way to harvest day.

1 Like

Ok that makes me feel better

Usually about week 5 or 6 they stop putting up very much new foliage and start focusing on fattening up and ripening the flowers.

Good I have more than enough foliage so the trim should help.

True north is close to you, they don’t have the best prices so I would wait for a sale.

ILGM doesn’t Ship to Canada.
BC bud depo is pretty famous, and most European seed banks ship to Canada.
Crop King is Canadian but their genetics are not the best… Their Dutch treat is the best genetic they have but its cbd/thc

1 Like

I wasn’t sure about that on my grow but did exactly what you stated as far as removing the leaves from the buds

3 Likes

It makes your lower canopy nugs just as good as your top ones lol

1 Like

Well I gave all the girls a haircut as you said. So now I wait to reap the rewards

2 Likes

Indeed…now it’s time to kick back and set the cruise control

If they arent getting light as much as you hate to it might be best to cut them so she can focus on growing the top buds. You can always trim away the fan leaves that are blocking the light to the lower ones. It’s a call only you can make. Sometimes less is more. Just my 2 cents. Good luck they look great.

I cut a bunch off of my girl last night. She’s about 3 weeks into flowering. Yeah, hard to do when your fingers get all sticky doing it, but they won’t amount to much in the end anyway. The good stuff comes off the canopy and you don’t have to worry so much about staging your harvest and waiting additional time for the lower stuff to ripen.

2 Likes

I trim everything down the branches leaving what will become the buds. No sense wasting nutes to part as you say “wont amount to much”. This is my Amnesia Haze auto ILGM 3 weeks in flower on 4-18

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: My First indoor grow first time Train wreck

1 Like

I wonder if a person could clone your cut-offs while they’re blooming? I’ve been looking for an answer to this question all morning.

Well I’m not sure this far along but I did just that earlier in flowering. I was removing some bottom branches for air flow. So the top buds grow more where the action is. I didn’t want to just throw them out so I cloned them. Just make sure to carefully remove all parts of the flower. They may look strange at first, the leaves may look distorted but then they take off fine. I’m not sure what the end result is because I gave them away as my space was full already but they rooted just fine just a little bit slower is all. I figure what the heck why not give it a shot I’m the curious type. Hope that answers your questions

1 Like

clones from flowering plant are commonly called monster cropped clones. It’s possible, just usually takes a little longer to root.

5 Likes

Darn, I gave mine away! Good to know :blush: thanks :pray:. Learning is fun

1 Like