Space utilization technique(s)

Just figured I’d share this with my fellow growers–not to toot my own horn or anything, but to share ideas that others might find useful. I just rearranged my “shitty veg plants” tent, as I formerly (and still kinda do) call it, to fix my situation of what to do with my cloners, as I had run out of room for them (the other bottom shelf is for the other one after I clean it out). I previously had my seedlings and clone transplants in a closet under an HLG 65, and sticking them now under blurples is not ideal, but I can use that closet for taller plants while I can’t in this particular tent (I’ll be replacing them when I have the luxury of being able to, but they’re pretty decent lights for their price point). The lower light for the cloners is a sun-like dimmable 100W, and hopefully with the tent full the dimmer function will still be functionally useful–it’s on its dimmest setting right now because I just took a bunch of cuttings, so it should look a lot brighter when on 100%. One great thing about this setup is that both cloners can run off the same airpump (has two airstones) and cycle timer (when fitted with an outlet splitter). And hey, slightly less bending over for me doesn’t hurt either!

I had been planning to buy two wire shelves like this on amazon for ~$45 each…I had a 7’ish shelf just like them but it was too tall and would only cover half the tent anyway. Then I realized the poles twisted apart! So that’s one additional hack to this–you can buy one tall shelf and turn it into two.

I’d love to hear any critiques or suggestions, because I might be doing something very wrong without having any idea of it. Thanks everyone, happy growing.

3 Likes

Looks great to me. You sure have a lot going on in a small space. Nice work

1 Like

Diggin the BIY cloner :muscle::+1::metal::green_heart::green_heart:

1 Like

Love BIY/DIY whenever I can if it’s not too cumbersome. That cloner was a fun build and works like a dream. Here’s the protocol I used if interested:

I transplant into soil (as is apparent) and have no issues despite the article talking about ‘cloning for DWC’.

Ok, maybe now I’m tooting my horn a little. Here’s the stocked tent in all its glory:

I transplanted the majority of the Gelato and Gold Leaf seedlings to quart containers and squeezed them in the HLG closet…gotta make room for the 20 GSC extreme seeds arriving this week…

By this point I’m much more addicted to growing cannabis than smoking it lol.

2 Likes

Are you planning to transplant or move all those outside?
I see around 20 plants in your HLG tent

A good amount, yes. I also have two flower tents that will be opening up within the next few weeks.

1 Like

I have one tent with two plants and it keeps me busy.
But then I’m an old geezer so there’s that. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Haha it’s a more than full time job for me–16 hours a day 7 days a week. But I enjoy it, and now that spring is coming I’m planting a bunch of other things too! I’ve been known for biting off more than I can chew but ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

My last tent is vegging plants right now, but I’m probably going to switch it over to flower soon:

And finally, my mother plants, which I usually keep in the last open spot in my growing room, are currently in my kitchen because I just watered and fertilized them and I have to defoliate later. They’re going outside as soon as it’s warm enough:

When I relax in bed tonight I can continue to trim the six shrubs I hung last week…

I’m actually hoping to make a legitimate career out of this, so I’m trying to learn as much as I can. My dream is to own a farm with a dog rescue and a restaurant on site and also have a science lab where I do experiments…that’s not too much to ask, is it? :blush:

1 Like

Sounds ambitious
But without a goal nothing just happens so I wish you well in your efforts.

2 Likes

Thank you :leafy_green: :sunglasses: