Just keep your eye on it… i have done this to my tomato plants before. You will be the best judge in this matter. If you notice anything that starts to look swolen anywhere… well then make adjustments. But i doubt you will run into this problem.
Thank you. I’ll check it everyday but I’m going to give it at least a week I don’t want to open it and it falls off I can’t go through that again with this particular break.
I did that exact same thing on one of my outdoor photo Bruce banner plants. The silica makes the branches very hard and stiff. The plant hermied afterwards so you may want to keep an eye on it. After that I rapped gauze around some pliers and use it to squeeze all the way around the stalk or branch to soften it up before training now
@Andyman was it an auto flower? Can you hermi germinate your female plants?
I think the week would be sufficient. I usually use electrical tape
I’m going to leave it sit till Monday then take it off slowly and see how it looks hopefully she can support herself
Yup…Had the same thing happen to me too…I don’t do anything like lst etc with my Autos but sometimes when doing this or that stuff happens…My mystery plant had a big stem snap while I was just seeing if I was going to tie it down for more light…I had some breathable medical tape and I put some honey on it then dressed it up…I actually never removed it and the plant was fine…I also had a large 6 foot plus Photo snap off a few branches too,Did the same thing…The Romulan photo broke because of the weight of the buds…not any stress training etc…Your girl will be just fine!!
Isn’t it simply amazing how they’re reproductive system is so far advanced. She basically healed an amputation on her own with a little teeny bit of help from a broken pencil or some masking tape
This is what I’ve done every time as well… no issues so far
Yeah its still hanging together…The plant has been harvested a while ago …I left it in its pot and cut everything else down…I think I have it still… Ill try to post it!! Its funny…
I just pulled the tape and splint off it was like it never ever happened
Good to hear! I just moved the girls in the flower tent last night at 40 days old. Needed the small tent for drying.
Looks like a deformed Chicken foot
What a drag:crazy_face: always something with these plants…At least its not a complete loss
Doesn’t it!..Yeah It was just sitting in its original pot…I cut the branches off and dried them ,while I left the main stem out in the elements…It just dried up…But my sling job held up great!!
I’ve been fortunate with my plants. I broke off the entire branch 4 of a 4 node topped plant. Boy was I pissed. I broke several more smaller colas and bud sites doing heavy handed maintenance and not paying attention to the entire plant.
They both survived, so far. I chopped two of the top colas on the first one yesterday.
She was my “learning” plant.
There were some nice looking buds. I try to do my best in taking my time watching what I’m doing preparing beforehand but it never works out that way in the end it’s always something devastating with these girls. Most of the time it’s our fault and could have been prevented. That’s why I always put a few extra in the tent
It is the main reason I am doing a SoG on my next grow. I’m planting those girls and keeping them feed. Let’s see how 5 auto colas turn out
Amazing it survived the snap. That’s brilliant.