Should I cull them?

Hi everyone!

I’m torn on what to do with these little ones.

We have a 4x4, 6 3 gallon pots, buffered coco perlite with worm castings and grow dots… Total of 6 auto strains… good temp, good ppfd, good humidity, all other strains are now a little over a week since they sprouted and doing great but…

2 super lemon haze auto sprouted super late, seed hull stuck on both and they seem stunted and honestly mangled.

Some pots have 2 since the idea was to cull the worst one but for these, they both seemed bad…

Would you give them some more time or transplant one of the other strains that’s doing well?

I just feel bad but they are so behind… one seems better than the other but super slow and behind…

Thoughts?

4 Likes

Here are the others as well for comparison.

Welcome to the forum. If they are not in your way, i would try to keep them going. Might end up as your best plants.

5 Likes

I would let them grow transplant when ready. You could add a little moisture to the top of the seedling and carefully remove the helmet. After spritzing the top let it set 5 minutes hopefully this added moisture will loosen the helmet and you can remove it. Good luck

2 Likes

I’m running some SLH autos from ILGM right now and they started off all mangled and jacked up. Im growing them alongside a DosiDo. They have finally caught up at day 63 and honestly look better than my Dosi. My Dosi is an overgrown mess of leaves with many small buds. My two SLH are fit looking. Idk how else to say that. Fewer bud sites but the buds are larger and have popeye arms. My SLH go to the gym and eat chicken titties. My Dosi is cornfed and uses the steps to get into its truck.

Keep your SLH around.

3 Likes

I would letem grow. If stunt so be it but wont know if yank them. Look healthy. Many struggle right here with growing.

3 Likes

You really should give each plant its own pot. 2 per is not a very good way to run them.

2 Likes

I would just keep the runts going see what happens. Definitely separate the ones you have growing together. Those roots will tangle faster than you think.

4 Likes

They will be one per pot by next week.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice everyone. I really want to give them a chance.

1 Like

Oh I forgot welcome to the community

3 Likes

I did just that to them loose about 3 days ago. The photos is everyone as of today.

1 Like

Ditto…grin.

2 Likes

Geez I Guess the smoke I’m enjoying is better than I thought. I didn’t pay attention to the dates of post. Sorry about that

1 Like

I just finished growing my first five plants, so I’m a newbie. I had a Critical Mass seed get all crazy looking like that on me. I let it grow and it turned out the most beautiful buds of all 5 plants and, it out produced all but one other plant. I say let it grow. :grin:

1 Like

Husband said the same thing. lol
I think this one has a chance for sure. It’s just so far behind poor baby! I was looking forward to this one specifically too.

2 Likes

They seem to be growing… still incredibly behind everyone else in the space and a little deformed but we shall see.

Here are a couple of others post transplant too. Everyone else is similar to these… poor lemon hazes…

1 Like

Well we made a decision and kept 1 of the babies. She is sooo behind everyone else, all others started their lst already… I think it was bad genetics because they shorted me seeds (sent some more later) but they didn’t look great to start with. Now this one is very behind the rest of the ladies (other strains). Anyway she will be kept as the “special” one and see what happens.

Here she is day 14 since sprouting and since she is an experiment already, I fimmed her… lol

1 Like

Well, I wanted to give an update for anyone going through the same thing. Here she is today at 28 days after getting some lst adjustments done. She is still behind everyone else but overall doing pretty good.