Sharing the same info and photos with selected people

Hi everyone anyone i just cant figure out how to send an update email and photos to a few people ive had conversations with.
Without copy and pasting it into a thread of previous conversations.
I dont know if everyone getting the update or just the selected few.
I see often profile names can be added to conversations and i havnt figured that out either.
So much to learn.
Hope your all coping ok with this covid19 virus going around the world.
Probably best not to share your pipe bong joint chilum with anyone at the moment.
Cheers

1 Like

You can’t send messages here. Its why you can’t figure it out. People abused it in the past.

Do this exactly…use the @ + name.

@MrPeat

2 Likes

I use Gmail

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 72 hours unless flagged)

1 Like

Hi MrPeat
I gave that @MrPeat im hoping it sent the blurb and photo i sent about my trimming experience. Did you get that or just @MrPeat
Just so i know what i can and cant do on here.
Cheers.

@Blackmoon, like @MrPeat said you can’t do the private messaging thing on here and I believe sharing personal info is a no no as well. These forums are sand boxed which means that the more time and effort you put in your trust level goes up. As your trust levels increase you unlock more privileges and I believe email and private messaging are some of those benefits. The only thing you can do is highlight an individual using the @+their user name. They gets their attention and they will drop by :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Hi Davyg thanks for sharing with me.
I didnt think i was trying to private message.
Maybe i miss understand the term.
I just wanted to send the same info to several people i been communicating on the fourm instead of repeating myself 3 times the same info.
Maybe thats private messaging.
Ill get there. Want to play by the book really appreciate this forum.
Cheers

2 Likes

Is what i just wrote classed as a private message

No. It’s a public forum.
All you have to do is put the @ sign in front of the name like @Blackmoon Or @Oldguy
The person that you @ will get a notification. Just like you got for this post. :wink::+1:
@Davyg. There is no e mail or private messaging on this side of the forum. Sharing of personal info is not allowed at any time.
Hope this clarifies a bit. :v:

3 Likes

No it’s 100% visible. Best thing to do is just use the @ tag and that will bring anybody you want to your post. It works well, this forum is very very active as well so someone will be along fairly quickly. We all keep an eye on the various posts as well so out of all the people you’re after at least one will see your post.

4 Likes

@Davyg @Oldguy thanks.
So if i neglect to do the @ plus name at the time of posting the horse has bolted.
I love this site ive learnt so much.
Is it wize to go out of the forum and make connections in your own private email address?

5 Likes

Outside of the forum is up to you. You can adjust your profile settings within your own account. You decide what is visible and what stays private. That choice is up to you :sunglasses:

2 Likes

The rules are in place to protect you and the forum. Using the @ sign tags that person to whatever you wrote.

5 Likes

Thanks for that. Can the @ sign be placed after message is written also is there somewhere to find the names that i want to add with the @ sign.
Or is it a case of knowing and having the @ name handy before i start writing
I noticed there is an option to edit my message i guess i could do it then.
Just wanting to know how to drive this forum to get the most out of it.
Not the most pc savvy person
Cheers
@Myfriendis410
@FrostyBuds
@AAA

2 Likes

Say you are looking to tag me. When you put the @ symbol + my name and I can be found bu using just @Mr

As you will see if you know the first several letters, they will pop ip like in the photo I am posting with this message.

3 Likes

All of us here have developed a group of growers we interact with daily. It’s a great community and you should feel perfectly safe to ask any questions you may have without fear of insult. Once you’ve found people to add to your post just load em in. If you want to add more just post their names. Let me start with a few folks who are really good and are good mentors.

I tell folks this too; you will get a LOT of advice. Some of it contradictory. At some point it’s best to pick ONE person and have them mentor you.

@Covertgrower @MattyBear @dbrn32 @Not2SureYet @peachfuzz @Nicky @Big123 @Missiles @Mrcrabs @Drinkslinger

You are allowed ten per post.

13 Likes

Thanks @MrPeat.
Thats very clever how you did that to send a copy of the screen i would be looking at.
I guess over it i will just remember peoples names i want to include or have it written down cause i cant remember the names off the top of my head to add in as an @ tag while writing about a topic.
The idea is great
Cheers

1 Like

Just realize i use hotmail

There is no private messaging available to members, only mods.

2 Likes

…Only Zuul.