Proper lux for auto flowers?

Can anyone tell me the proper lux for auto flowers
Seedling
Veg
Flower

I’m a newbie and don’t want to burn the plant in light during each phase.

Could use some feedback
Ty

Don’t know about LUX but if you have a smart phone photone app it’s free. Just need a piece of paper

Here’s what I did my first go round…

I did not have an expensive stand alone meter… so I used my phone app and more or less compared it to full sunlight in August.

Seedlings: 8000 lux
Veg: 30,000 lux
Flower: 50,000 lux min.

Take in mind the sun measured 80,000 on my phone.

Don’t do anything. Let’s see what others with more experience than I have say first

1 Like

Lux is probably the worse way to judge how much light your plants are getting most go by par and there’s a post around here about dli calculation which is probably the most accurate but my rule of thumb is 300-400 par to start then up it by about 50 every watering until your at about 900 -1100 in flower

2 Likes

Daily Light Integral (DLI)
1. micro Mols per second = PPFD
2. PPFD * .0036 (3600 (sec in an hour) / 10^6) = Hourly Light Integral (HLI): example: 550 * .0036 = 1.98
3. HLI * hrs of light per day = DLI: example: 1.98 * 18 = 35.64
**Note: The optimal DLI range of cannabis is between 30 and 45, depending on the growth stage.

4 Likes

HOW MUCH LIGHT DO YOUR CANNABIS PLANTS REQUIRE?

• Clones and seedlings: 5,000–7,000 lux
  • Vegetative growth: 15,000–50,000 lux
  • Flowering: 45,000–65,000 lux
  • Maximum recommended amount of light: 75,000 lux
4 Likes

Thank you.
Is this a lux schedule for Auto Flowers??

Thank you all

Cannabis is cannabis…

1 Like

This is from LumiGrow PPFD by growth stage. Hopefully your light has a PPFD chart so you can get an idea of the different levels

The requirements for an autoflower is no different than for a photoperiod.

4 Likes

Saved that one :fu:, thanks

1 Like

Nice chart, @beardless

2 Likes

Thank you

No actually. You’re absolutely incorrect. Your rule of thumb is good, I’m on board with that.

That was my rule of thumb 2 years ago lol dow im a dli guy , my rule of thumb now is to start them at 13 dli center an 10 dli corner and up it a about 2-4 dli every 3 days after last sprouting

1 Like

Yooo, I like your rule of thumb on PAR levels…I was referring to beginners using a lux meter to help em get started, it’s better than nothing. It at least gives em something to follow.
How did you come up with this DLI schedule?? I ask because I planted a GSC in a little 2x2 yesterday that’s my “experiment tent”. If it works, I will pass the Information onto others…Not much experimenting with slow release fertilizers I use, so I really like playing with lights (especially cheap LEDs.). If anyone’s reading this…“GeryLove 1000 LED on Amazon, 39$”. Samsung diodes, it’s frickin amazing!!! Better than my Viparspectra xs1000". I like cheap.

I work with autos so i have to push them as hard as i can as fast as i can to maximize their short veg window thats how i get 5.5 foot autos like this moby dick auto in the back(dont have a recent pic it got WAY bigger)

Whoaaaa!!! Ok ok…So if your goal is to grow 5’ autos? You’re gonna need something better than a lux meter on your Motorola!!! Be interesting to pick your brain sometime. Very cool, Keep it up man (your plants I mean ha).

Heres some updated pics the trimmed ones are in shade or dark to finish up and the moby dick is so big its at nose level( im 6’3 and that close to the top an even past the very max i can set my lights

1 Like

The sun is brighter than that it stopped on 1000000 on my phone app