Pro mix Dr earth plus silica

I mix Dr earth in pro mix and 21days later start top dressing so how can I use silica with this

3 Likes

Was thinking could add de and mix in but not sure

3 Likes

Lets get ya a lil help! I don’t use silica but I do know you have to mix in correct order. @Low @Myfriendis410 and allot of others use silica. :call_me_hand: hang loose!

2 Likes

Silica should be the first thing added to water and mixed very well prior to adding nutrients or pH’ing. Some suggest a waiting period after mixing for at least 15 minutes.

:call_me_hand:t3: not sure if this will be the same method for organic

3 Likes

Coco grower here. Silica and Jacks A&B. I add the recommended amount of silica first, mix the snot out of it and go hit a bowl a couple times. Then, I mix it more, go smoke a cigarette, and come back with the Jacks. Not sure if I’m mixing enough or too much, but I don’t have any issues.

2 Likes

Silica is always the first to go in solution. I use minimum dosage amounts from seedling to harvest. I also use an aquarium wavemaker to mix nutes. I find it helpful and speeds the whole process up.

2 Likes

Diatomaceous earth may be a better alternative if you’re running organics.

3 Likes

I use silica blast with my organic living soil works fine. Mix first for sure. To see why take a smalll amount of nutes and add a couple drops silica. The silica will immediatly condense and seperate from the medium.

2 Likes

Ya, makes no difference to me but if OP wasn’t to stay away from the system compounds the de is an option. I would argue that it has to be mixed first though. Silica blast is the exact product I use, and have been adding last in replacement of my ph up for years. I just dillute 5-10 ml into about a cup of water and add until desired ph is reached.

1 Like

So I can add blast and not lock up dry nutes

How much to 7 gallon pot

Which de is the right one on amazon