pH Testing and Equipment

@Silverback absolutely that helps… I was overthinking this the whole time… I think I got it! :grin::+1:. And yes I definitely work on almost any hot water/steam boiler/generator my boss needs me to. Your feedwater reference really brought all this back to SIMPLE in my brain man! :grin: Absolutely you must maintain a certain pH all while controlling the TDS… duh… haha thanks!!

Your prior grow looks great! Auto flower? I can see the reason behind your excitement!
I will keep this hobby going for along time, nothing more enjoyable than looking back at something you made, and enjoying it. You have been down that road :slight_smile:

Yes, adjust your pH water going in with the meter.

I may have been distracted when replying earlier. When you water, you want it to drain out. It’s not over watering, it’s flushing out build ups like salt and other nutes. This excess water you want to read and get data from. PPM specifically.

OK! One boiler guy to another… fist bump🤜

Also. The numbers for weed is alot different. Not dealing with oxygen scavengers and surfactants. Ph for soil should shoot for 6.5. 6.2 to 6.8 i roll with it.

As for tds that has more to do with the nutes your running and whats in your water before you mix. look around on here, somebody will be able to guide ya.

You said it best! Thanks for that! And I’m not sure what those were… bag seed… those girls put up with a lot of stresses throughout the whole first half of their lives. It started with super wet compacted muddy silty soil… that ended up getting transplanted into a 2 gal pot that I had the nasty Miracle-Gro garden soil… they hated it but I managed to pull through and keep them alive until I BECAME ONE WITH THE PLANT and let them take control… anyways after close to a month of flushing they were still like this!! The trichomes told me that it was time like an eternity later and I managed to jar some really tasty buds. But it just excites me knowing I’ve actually got some high quality feminized ILGM Banana Kush seeds on the way. ETA is this next Monday

Haha good to see an fellow boiler guy here! How cool! And yes man I totally get it after you mentioned that! Because until then I just knew I wasn’t understanding something when I kept hearing about the TDS meter and how it’s used. Really really appreciate that breakthrough! Haha SO now I suppose I’ll need to figure out what the new girls are going to need/do best with and stick to it throughout the entire season! I’m sure there’s a average target number?? @Silverback

It will change throughout the grow some based on their needs. I dont use tds till i got a problem usually. Im not suggestiong you do that! I do but i cut corners all the time.

I use same nutes, schedule, everything so it feels redundant. I do ise it when i flush and to test runoff.

That’s a great list wish would had found it before

Welcome ! Have worked around boilers for many years. Calibrating and setting up instrumentation such as drum levels feedwater conductivity . ph meters.
( electrical and instrument technician)

@kellydans. Always good to meet a fellow knuckle dragger!

Same here my friend !

@kellydans oh very cool! Definitely neat to see fellow boiler guys on here!! Yup I just finished a Cleaver Brooks boiler inspection… teardown, clean and re-gasket, back together, filled, fired, safety check, and up to pressure! Got another one to do tomorrow so it’ll make for an early night this evening! Glad to have you aboard! Im thinking about starting a grow journal this year to have people like you to chime in and hopefully help me along! :heavy_check_mark:

Thanks for the tag! @BoilerGuy I’ll be glad to follow along.

Damn, thats a day! I did a wake and bake and played COD warzone. Lol

You work for a boiler outfit or do it for your company?

Yeah it’ll be a big day for sure. My PS4 has been downloading that game too! And work for the company. Basically a mechanical repair contactor with boilers being the forte. But when I make it back home tonight I’ll be starting the germination process on some early arrival of some seeds :grin: ! So I’ll end it with a quick question… whats ideal pH of water for when I go to soak these seeds for the 24 hours.

Cool. I know a bunch of those guys. Im freinds with the guy that owns WARE and know the owner of midsouth pretty well. I wish id have gone to work for Ware 15 yeaes ago when Rich wanted me to, instead of the shit i do now.

WARE. Don’t know the guess personally but I’m pretty positive I’ve watched almost all the videos they’ve made. Those guys explain things really well! What is it that you do now?

Alright people, I asked for it and I got it! Thanks for everyone’s help already as we progress into another wonderful evening! I’ve got here a pile of goodies to help control any of my pH problems throughout the grow! :heavy_check_mark:

I will update after I get them germinated :v:

Thats all i use. You should be golden