Pest control help?

Any suggestions on a good pest control to use as a preventative and or to kill pest that invade the plants?

1 Like

This is what I used this grow. I have a friend at a hydroponic store, and he gave me the bag. I cut the top out of the bag and laid it in my tent. Out of a 150 I seen 1 in my house that flew out of the tent at some point. I seen them crawling around on my plants the entire grow. I didn’t have any pest but I don’t know if it prevented or that I just didn’t have any.

4 Likes

Pure Crop 1 is a very good preventive i use it 1x every other week while in veg

3 Likes

I was thinking of trying some lady bugs out. Thanks for the reply.

Thank you

2 Likes

Are you growing indoors or outdoors ?

I’ve found the healthier the plants the less inviting they are to pests. High Brix levels help with that.
I’m using beneficial nematodes and meat eating mites and also working on rearing more meat eating mites from my order for perpetual new ones.
I’ve use ladybugs several times in the past and I’m sure they did some good but probably won’t get them again. They will all die if there isn’t anything there to feed them and to keep them fed you need to have an alternate food source.

Is there a specific pest your dealing with or is it just as a preventative?

3 Likes

I have not found any pest yet but I have noticed a little single web on the bottom of one plant close to the soil line from a bottom leave on two different occasions. Maybe spider mites? But never saw a bug.

1 Like

Indoors

Sounds like It’s gonna be a regular house type web spinning spiders. Either you carried the plant around and brushed up against an existing spider web or there is one around. I wouldn’t be concerned.
Spider mites populations have to be pretty big (and they are very small) to create webs and usually are notices near the top of the plants.

Keep an eye out.
Grab a leaf and flip over and use jewelers loop to look for eggs or spider mites if you wanna be sure.

I have mites too and am raising meat eating mites right in my tent.
I have bugs in my basement and occasionally a leaf is nibbled on but doesn’t concern me.

4 Likes

I appreciate the help and information.

4 Likes

If you ever want to add some beneficial nematodes to your soil or need some meat eating spider mites if you ever get them check out natures good guys and arbico Organics both offer many natural solutions to pest problems or as a preventative.
I use beneficial nematodes with new pots using their 3 different species variety mix and water them in the pots as a preventative and to benefit the soil ecosystem.

I’ve used them in the yard in late spring to help control fleas for the dog.

3 Likes