Outdoor grow First time ever growing please help

Hey guys this is my very first time growing outdoors and ever. I will tell you everything I’m doing everything I have. I would greatly appreciate some advice along the way.
*soils I’m gonna use has buffers in it to keep ph at needed levels? I’m using a mix… also have 5 gallon fabric pot and since I’m gonna grow in backyard I was told to get oil as well
And I’m starting my seedling in a jiffy pot(about jiffy pots can I just translate whole jiffy pot in fabric pot or do I take out of jiffy pot… or should I just put seedling in 5 gallon pot from seed to harvest…
But am I all set for my soil and pots
Please advise if I need anything else or anything I should be doing during process

About need oil I was told not to use oil to prevent pest/bug any other suggestions
That is all I have so far
Other question I have sorry if they are dumb…

Is compost tra and fertilizer the same thing?

What is flushing the plant?

organic fertilizer to use is the one I have ok?

Isn’t feeding and watering the same thing?

And you said don’t go crazy about ph but monitor soil ph correct?

Also can I just use the dirt thats in my backyard…
Ground dirt is clay like located in northeastern

If not how deep should I dig new hole for new soil.
Last thread got polluted with arguments

Also i was told to check ppm but how excatly i was told tovtest the run. To measure do i pour run off in a cup an test im clueless? Smh plz bare with me i kno nothing

These are my current products

2 Likes

Black Gold potting soil is what I use , very good potting soil, Neem oil is okay to use I stop useing it when my plant’s start flowering, It’s strong smell can also get into the Buds, I use Captain Jack’s instead, I use Jack’s outdoor soluble fertilizer and Alaska Fish Fertilizer, i use gallon nursery pots to get my seedlings a good root ball, then I dig some holes fill with potting soil and go straight into the ground, Good Luck with your Grow :man_farmer:t2:

2 Likes

Roots camo bag is the cleanest soil I’ve ever come across. Neem oil is gross, it makes everything smell like garlic and rotten eggs. Just get permethrin concentrate, mix a little stronger than directed and spray your tent etc. before you start.

3 Likes

Gotta go with Roots Organics. I use the 707 blend, which is just like half the nutes as the original, but it’s pretty good stuff. Drains well, but holds moisture.

I also use Captain Jacks Dead Bug Brew, not neem oil. Neem oil isn’t suggested during flower as it is absorbed into the buds, and doesn’t rinse away.

Not too sure on the fertilizer, but for 36ish bucks you can get Jacks Nutrients 321 system on Eebay. That’ll grow out 15-20 plants. Very easy to use.

3 Likes

Any of those soils will work fine like @Nip I start in gallon nursery bags it makes transplanting so much easier. If your planting in ground I dig a hole big enough for a whole bag of soil I also add worm castings and some extra perlite. For fertilizer I use organic dry amendments it’s just easier not to have to haul gallons out to the garden lately I been using Coast of Maine but Dr Earth, Fox Farms and Down to Earth all make great products I mix it in with to soil as per instructions I also sprinkle some in the bottom of hole. When planting in ground I don’t PH my water I don’t see the point I use recharge in stead of compost teas again because I’m to lazy to hump 5 gallon bucket’s out to the garden. As far as pest control goes all the products mentioned work I also add safer caterpillar get the concentrate and put it in a pump sprayer outdoor plants get big I had a couple last season get 15 feet look at @HippieRunner1 grows to see how big they can get. I use neem and dead bug in veg and safer caterpillar and dead bug in flower I spray twice a week once with each and I still get caterpillars little bastards suck.

Here is a picture of the nursery bags just plant the bag hardly any transplant shock

2 Likes

*When the plants are small I like to start with a basic CocoLoco.

*I really enjoy brewing fresh teas. You can really duel in what the soil is looking for. The plant just falls into line mist the time.

*We started our seeds March 1st. Running 100% organic living soil while they are indoors and of course when they transition to the outside world. I haven’t checked PH once more will I the entire grow.

*I have never checked run-off once in my life.

*Native soil is great to plant in. If it’s to clay like you might have to amend it alittle. But heck ya! I actually add alittle native soil to every tea I brew. It adds beneficials that the plants take up. Overtime it allow the plant and soil to properly accumulate to the environment.

Here are a few photos of last years garden. The flowers are pretty don’t get me wrong but the black gold in those grow bags is where it’s at :slight_smile:

Happy farming…

5 Likes

Hey is it okay for germination with plastic cup with hole over top and in a dark room with no light also i will not be using a grow light