Outdoor Gold Leaf in Foam Pot w/o Drain Holes

Gold Leaf Fem
Garden dirt/potting soil mix
Week 7 veg

The other 2 are Blue Dream and another GL in FF Happy frog.

My Buddy gave me this foam(?) pot and I decided to experiment with it. Plant seems happy so far and the dirt dries fine but it’s pushing 5 ft so now I’m thinking about the future :rofl: I couldn’t find any previous posts so here’s my first post lol.

I might be able to leave it, but I’m wondering if it would be possible to drill this as is or would I have to transplant if things take a turn​:grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

5 Likes

Sorry if I got the wrong category by the way.

I wouldn’t recommend transplanting a mature plant unless there are problems. I don’t really see any problem if the soil is drying out in a reasonable time between waterings. I would go ahead and pill those pots the rest of the way up with soil to within an inch or 2 from the top of the pot. The plant will naturally put out more roots from the nodes that you bury.

I recommend using fabric pots next time.

Welcome to the forum.

5 Likes

Thank you!

If you really need to add drain holes get yourself a 1/2in hole saw heat it up on some steal or wood by running it dry then hold it the the bottom corner of the pot .the foam will meltdown and not damage the roots

2 Likes

@Waldy178 just wanted to report back that I went ahead with that idea. Propane torch and a rod from my deer target…worked out great. Thanks again.

2 Likes

One mans hole saw is another mans propane torch and deer target rod. :joy::metal:

4 Likes

Well :eyes: kinda hard not to go with a hot rod in the summer :joy:

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::metal:

3 Likes

Broke this main TWICE(short person moment) knotted up nice I think…

2 Likes

Foam pot ain’t doin as bad as I thought it would :rofl: still a happy lady. Been using the leaves and dropping them on her own pretty good. Still gonna start defoliating soon. SIA can’t really reach the top of that one very well.

1 Like

Looking good! I see you have the Mantis on security detail. :sunglasses::+1:t2:

2 Likes

Thanks! Yeah it showed up a day or 2 ago…had a lady bug before that too🐞 I looked for it tonight before I left n couldn’t find it. We’ll see tomorrow if he stuck around lol.

1 Like

Alright getting ready for outside this year.

Sifting some compost dirt today for the new bed base.

Yes that’s the target rod foam pot :metal:t6: turns out my sifter fits perfectly on top of it :call_me_hand:t6:

1 Like

UUMM…I think the Mantis may have eaten it bro… :rofl: How where the buds from last year??
Keep us posted on your grow this year…Good Luck!!

2 Likes

They came out pretty good. I can’t find the pics I had prolly lost in the ‘cloud’. I’m gonna try to be better with posting updates this time.

Aww…Yeah it would’ve been cool to see them…Dont fell bad though Im a slow poster too!! :joy:

1 Like

Still here. The Peep Show is officially outside. Here’s what’s goin on.

• 2 decided to try n grow some balls so they are chopped and gone.

• 3 Acapulco golds & 1 fem dawgie cookie(freebie) moved outside.

• 1 afghan (ilgm), Durban poison(ilgm) & pussy galore(BoB) in one of the garden beds.

• somebody came by n took a bite so everybody got neem oil baths until I can pick up some dead bug

Bit of a menu this summer… hopefully I can keep up🤙🏿