Outdoor 2021 smart pots

Hello there I hope you’re enjoying the weather I’m happy to post pictures of my little Mickey Mouse set up. Today I transplanted and stretched a few of my ladies out, strains are super silver haze, crystal and Girl Scout extreme, green crack , watermelon zkittlez, blueberry and wedding cake, the first 3 are ilgm stains. Any how the 45 gallon smart pots are ssh and crystal, I am using promix hp.

8 Likes

I love, love, love my fabric pots. Started by using them for my potatoes. Now I use them for everything including my bananas and tomatoes.

With my ladies I start them out in quart bags, plant that into a 2-3 gallon pot and then that into a 7-10 gallon pot.

Pot in a pot in a pot so to speak.

2 Likes

That’s interesting. I’m completely new to growing in soil and outdoors. Thanks for your response your plant looks really healthy in the pic.

1 Like

Be prepared for very packed greenhouse, as they will fill out, I also us promix in 30 an 45 gallon pots, and I only grow 4 plants in a makeshift greenhouse that is 8’ x 26’ an it pretty much fills it out so be ready.

1 Like

I’ll be posting weekly updates as the plants progress, thanks for your response guys.

1 Like

Thanks. That’s my mainlined Super Skunk from seed.

I had transplanted her from a 3 gallon pot to a seven gallon pot and she just got too big for me to handle. When I placed her into flower I knew she needed more soil and this is what I did.

She’s now about 14" tall and fills up my 4X4 tent.

I really like my fabric pots. This Bubble Gum auto didn’t seem to need to be transplanted but the fabric pot allows me to put it in a bigger pot without any undue stress to the plant so in she went.

Do you cut the bottoms or just place on top, the mainline technique is very cool I would like to try it out one day.

I just place them on top or a couple of inches in the soil. Seems to work really well.

2 Likes

I like the wire around the exterior of the grow bags. Great idea :wink:

Lol keeps the kamikaze birds from penetrating the root zone :sunglasses:

Keeps the cats from pooping in my pot.

1 Like

I honestly thought you were letting them rest before securing them around the upper tier, good idea though

1 Like

That turned out nice, but I just cannot help myself. but to say; You could have yielded better. Nice grow though

About how long between transplants
Thanks

1 Like

Seedlings or clones go in the quart bag for a month, then the 2-3 gallon for a month and then to the 7-10 gallon until harvest. The quart bags are new for this year and I’m not counting on reusing them. Some of my other bags are about 5 years old. The beauty of this system is that I don’t stress my plants out when transplanting.

Just pop them into their new home and put the soil around them if you choose. The roots will grow straight through the bottom and really well at that.

1 Like

That’s just it. They don’t need to recover from the transplanting. I can transplant, feed and defoliate all at the same time.

1 Like

Was your comment directed to one of my plants?

1 Like

So you leave them in the containers and let the roots grow through the container is the way I understand it cool

1 Like

First post! Reading a lot here, but I have a question…
Do squirrels mess with the gardens? My seed should be here tomorrow, a late start but I can use this season as training. We have had a cold spring in Illinois.

@oldmarine what can I say. The sheer simplicity of your process had my brain hurting. It’s like a Col Kurtz epiphany…it’s like a dessert tower,but better. :+1:

@Putz Welcome! Yes,squirrels and birds here can do a number. Recently, I had some outdoor seedlings snatched by little critters. Be prepared!

SL out.

1 Like