Old Man.....Newbie Growerl8tr

Well going to start a Journal.
Not sure exactly what I am doing but will share.
Started my grow with seeds from IGLM
Super Silver Haze…Purple Haze…Blue Haze
dropped beans in water around 3/9/18 Super Silver And Purple Haze beans cracked within 18 hrs. But Blue Haze never cracked even after 3 days so dropped 2 more beans in water and waited. The Blue Haze never cracked so I contacted IGLM and a very rapid response from them with more Blue Haze Beans shipped!!!
Planted SSH and PH in potting soil on 3/9 and popped thru on 3/12 or 13, sso started the grow life of my girls @ 3/18.

the littlebabies are breathing!!!
The first picture’s are at 3 days lacking a month.![20180415_080348|374x500](upload://leDLbDiHLiSZO0eKmfG5G6QphQt.jpg)
My light is a T5 with 2 veg. grow LED Blubs, and when they grow around 3 months will swap out bulbs with red flowering bulbs.
Will buy another T5 grow light and start another rotation with Clones from the Lady’s just before I drop the light schedule down to 12/12.
Am using what I have in the way of potting soil, I am Disabled and not much funds so…you all know what that is like at some point, so I am using what I have. Will be using MG for feeding on a feed, water, water, feed schedule.
I am using LST for the SS Haze, Purple Haze and Blue Haze to make my plants wider and stronger. Also the PH has been staying at or around 6.5and the first flush was 6.4.
Also have tried my hand at Fiming a couple of times with no luck, but still will try to get it right sooner or later…lol. you will be able too see leaves that have been damaged by trying.
These next pics. are @ 1 month and 10 days.
The first picture is the Super Silver Haze then the Purple Haze and the last is 2 plants of the Blue Haze.

The next picture is a horizontal photo of all

So my temps are 78 to 82 during the light and 60 to 65 at dark. I have an exhaust fan to keep humidity at or around 60% plus a fan that rotates for strengthening am saving up money for a intake/exhaust fan with Carbon filter for when they start becoming a problem with odor…the stronger the better…lol. They also have had 1 dose of CO2 by the means of dry ice dropped in hot water and wow!! they loved it
Only have 5 ft. of height so am trying to keep them from growing too much, so I have room for the stretch.
So I am asking for all you all to have some input as I have learned a lot from this forum and have been putting to use.
Thank you all for the help. More to come in the coming months
@smok77 @Laurap @Countryboyjvd1971 please tag me so as I can follow you all thanks

10 Likes

Looks like you’re on your way and doing good! Welcome to the forum and do ask questions.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forums. Plants look good!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, @skyroo1029. Looks like you’re off to a great start.

1 Like

Your girls are looking great so far! Happy Growing!! :herb:

1 Like

Sorry for all the edits…like the title says OLD MAN…lol just made another correction, the ladys are 1 month and 10 days. I started calculating 1 week after heads popped up through the mix. Which would be 3/18/18

1 Like

Hi Skyroo, I would not veg them for too much longer , the t5 is a great light but it rapidly diminishes in intensity as the plants start to get bigger so that the lower branches end up yielding very little smokable product. Try to keep the lamp as close as possible now to minimise the distance between the nodes and make the plants as compact as possible. That way when you flip and go through the stretch stage the plants are not too tall and will receive as intense light as possible during flowering.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @skyroo1029 your plants look great! Keep up the great growing. Any questions just tag any of us. Happy growing.

1 Like

Thank you. I appreciate your advice @mountainman1 this is my first grow in many yrs.
First with a T5, I will start them to 12/12 at 2 months and just extend the flower time. That should work right?
Lots of info from people like you on the forum, but had not seen anything much on the T5 but that’s what I am able to afford at the moment.
Thanks again @mountainman1.

1 Like

Welcome to the Forum. Remember to ask any questions you have. This is an amazing group of people. Extremely knowledgeable, polite, and respectful. They’re always helpful and happy to help. Enjoy your grow!

1 Like

Thanks @neckNflu great advice. Yes I agree lots of help here and awesome people !!!

1 Like

The t5 and even better t5ho are great lights and put out a decent amount of lumens, more than enough to veg with and also keep some mother plants happy but just a little low on power for flowering. But dont despair , with a little training you can easily keep the plants in a horizontal plane allowing the light to be only a couple of inches above the canopy. I have found under a 4ft fixture that 2 plants trained horizontally fit quite well in my space ( i am using white widow auto ) and the yield is quite acceptable if all other parameters are kept in check.

2 Likes

Welcome @skyroo1029. We love pictures and sharing so you came to the right place. Your girls look great so your doing something right. ~ AB

2 Likes

Ty for the excellent advice…will definitely start laying them over. I also have flowering red spectrum LED also.
But there is no wrong advice…

1 Like

Time for an update
The lady’s are now at 6 wks and spreading out nicely. I top them as the branches start out growing the others, remember my height is limited. So this go around I am just using topping to spread them out getting ready for dropping light schedule down to 12/12 and the stretch.

The first picture is what I caught a glimpse of…I am not sure but it looks a lot like MARYJANE stopped by…

Next 3 pictures are of…first will be the Super Silver Haze…the next is Purple Haze…and the last will be a picture of the Blue Haze.!

I want to clone all three plants to keep a rotation going…but am not quite sure when to take my clones? At the end of veg.? Or wait until they start flowering? Hmmmm
I have treated the Lady’s to Co2 by the means of dry ice in hot water and they LOVED that. Everything else as far as the numbers are all running within great limits and the girls are growing about 3/4 to an in. a day so am pleased, but would love any suggestions you all may have.
Will update again when I start the 12/12 schedule and have the red spectrums installed.
HAPPY GROWING

3 Likes

Also question…how do I upload my pictures so they all show…? I uploaded 4 pics but only see 1 on my phone…hmmmm. Help

Sometimes the pictures get jumbled and don’t work. Be sure the curser is in the correct place between each upload. Otherwise it’s a crapshoot and they still don’t load in the order you uploaded. @skyroo1029

1 Like

That’s something I never thought about…but makes perfect sense.
Thank You @Covertgrower

1 Like

Yes figured it out about the pictures how to put in order!!
Thanks again for the info @Covertgrower

Out of likes, but glad I can help! @skyroo1029

1 Like