Oh no, it this the dreaded White Powdery Mildew?

Newbie here, is this the white powdery mildew I’ve read about?

1 Like

Looks like it man! Get some lost cost therapy spray and wipe the leaves so you don’t get it on the bud or 3% peroxide should do the trick.

2 Likes

Yup

Dealing with it in my final stages I used that concentration and it seems to have kept it away for the last 36 hrs.

2 Likes

If I use the 3% peroxide, do I dilute it then spray the effected leaves, if yes, what is the ratio? Or should I dampen a paper towel with the peroxide straight up? I’m sooo close to harvest! So far, it just looks like the one plant… :crossed_fingers:t2: Thanks!

1 Like

I used a spray diluted with water then ran a rag over everything about an hour later…
I let it sit over night and did it again in the morning after the light cycle had started and been running about an hour.

1 Like

Thanks, do you know the dilution ratio by chance?

1 Like

For a bud wash some use 1 cup to 5 gallons water. So I’d use the same ratio just do some math for a small amount. So like 1.6oz of peroxide to a gal.

3 Likes

I’d also just make a bucket of the mix and use some cotton balls to wipe each leaf if you have the time and patience.

2 Likes

And bud wash at harvest man I regret not doing this year like I planned I lost my entire best plant in the dry room to fuzzy white mold. Got one plant left and had to harvest my biggest plant early. Its a tuff year all around good luck man.

Bud washing in peroxide will clean off the mold.
I will be washing my last plant for sure lol.

4 Likes

This is my first grow, I saw a video about dipping//rinsing the buds, and was concerned it would wash off ‘all the good stuff’ :joy: so you say, they will be ‘ok’ after dunking in a peroxide bath?

3 Likes

Im afraid to bud wash too. But for alot of long time growers, the bud washing is a must for every harvest.

4 Likes

Resin isn’t water soluble no worries.

4 Likes

Lmao I was super skeptical if I wash my bud its gonna be stripped of all the trichs. So I tried on a bud that got snipped when I was taking off rot. I didn’t notice a huge difference it might of seemed like a little less crystals. but like people say its smoother better tasting hit and cleans off bugs dust dander bird crap plus kills the leftover mold and spores I wish I would’ve washed mine this year lost alot of amazing bud I was heartbroken.

4 Likes

@Ginger420
Did the mold fester during the dry, as they were hanging ? If so, what was your temp and humidity?
Or was it during the cure or did you notice a bit before harvest.
I just want to know for future sake.

2 Likes

Don’t be afraid to bud wash. It will remove the nasty stuff and improve final cure a lot. My gold leaf that I did wash smells like vanilla sugar cookies after 2 weeks in curing jars and the one I harvested earlier and didn’t wash had more of the grassy hay smell during cure.

3 Likes

@fast-grow did the grassy hay smell stay even after cure in the first batch ?

1 Like

Right now it is still curing but the smell has decreased some. Doesn’t smell bad but not the sugary sweet smell that the washed plant has. If I can recall, I think there was only 2 weeks between harvests. My strawberry kush that I washed also smells sweet and candy like.

3 Likes

This by far seems to be the most popular you tube video about bud washing, go with it? Or any other suggestions/tips to add?
(Not sure if this is how you add a video, I just tried coping & pasting :crossed_fingers:t2:)

4 Likes

This is how I did it, Works great.

2 Likes

It happened while they were hanging to dry I chopped and inspected the whole plant pulled any rot I found looked amazing and smelt better let it dry for 10 days started to trim the main cola and the inside of it was just white fuzz then I realized the entire plant was that way picked what I could but just popcorn and larf very sad I didn’t have my thermometer up I usually have no issues my first plant I pulled early and its was hanging all around it and no mold whatsoever idk if something got on that plant maybe it was just to sticky and wet all I feel I could have done different was bud wash and It would’ve killed the mold before it started

2 Likes