Not sure I know a trichromatic when I see it

This is my 7th grow and I am still not sure about harvesting. I was able to take magnified pictures. Are the little white things on leaves trichromes? And are these close?

1 Like

Good evening
Yes the little stems with little balls on top that start out clear then go milky and then go amber are trichomes. You need a clear picture of them to determine where you are at. How long has your plant been in flower? Do you have a clear picture of the entire plant. :blush::v:

2 Likes

Turn your fans off for the viewing / pics.

3 Likes

Can we get a pic of the whole plant and then just a bud not so close up.

2 Likes

Yup. the little mushroom looking things are the trichs. But, to be sure of harvest time, check the buds, not the sugar leaves.

4 Likes

Here are 2 of the full plant. It is the one at the front. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Trichomes

4 Likes

Use a smart phone. Zoom all the way in . Then focus on a spot holding super still. Cut a bud off to check it. Way easier. I use my S10 Samsung for all my posted pics. I can not tell by your photographs. Guessing i woukd say no not yet see no “amber ish blurriness” in them.lol Get some clearer pics please. Looking good though.

1 Like

Thanks. I don’t think I see them on the bud. The little strands yes. I will try for a better picture.

Looks like they have a bit more plumping up to do.

3 Likes

Here is a bud shot. I think I am seeing only white trichs. Everyone your comments are so helpful.

Nice clear pictures @DRsDank !

@Pushkinpal your close but you need more pistols to darken. Gets a jewelers loop magnifying glass for a better peek at your trichs.

1 Like

I use something similar to this when taking pics of the tricomes. just need to stay really still when taking the pics

2 Likes

@sillyman That’s interesting. Ty

1 Like

All clear. Got 2-3 more weeks then recheck.

Here are my phones pics.

Most newer samsung phones have macro mode built into the camera but I believe it can only be accessed at standard (1x) zoom. Your photos wont be as zoomed in but they will be a lot sharper when held very close to the object.

What you use to take pics of your trichromes?

Usb microscope from Amazon.