No power! 🤢 IDK what to do!

Just had a quick storm roll through out of nowhere!! Power company is estimating 2 days before power will be restored. :sob::sob: I have a lil spot I can set them outside out of sight (not in a grow friendly state :roll_eyes:). Will that be ok during the day? Im so nervous yall… I tried to grow yearrrrsss ago, had the plant potted but outside, and termites ate my baby clean in half. Im freaking out yall :dotted_line_face: and not sure what to do! Anyone have some advice?

5 Likes

The pic of the storm is from a friend.

4 Likes

Look like auto. Doubt will be an issue. Can put outside if want but post storm bugs can be an issue. Nasty clouds. 10 years in Kansas we saw a lot of that. Glad you are ok. Tornado makers. 48 hours isnt much at all.

3 Likes

They are autos. Thank you!! I honestly dont want to put them outside because of the bugs. And it being my 1st real grow, Im overthinking everything…lol. I appreciate your assurance.

And yes! Definitely made a tornado. I dont think it touched ground though. I could hear it! I said to my brother “man it sounds crazy out there” so we stepped out on to the porch. Thats when the trees started going crazy and the top of the tree came falling. We went back in as quick as we could! Thankfully it missed us the roof and our shed! Got a bit of yardwork ahead now. But very thankful. A few roofs are off of a couple older buildings and houses.

These pictures are maybe a half to 3 quarters of a mile down the road at a shed rental.

And another pic from another friend.

2 Likes

Just straightline winds from those hit 100mph. Caught out at ponds fishing in them. I also suggest going to cloth pots next grow. Better moisture control in the soil. Better root health with no binding and self pruning.

2 Likes

I’d be scared to death out there in that at a pond! I’ve thankfully never witnessed a tornado but I have rode out many many a hurricanes.
I do have the one cloth pot and I prefer it over the others. I live in a very small town and couldnt find any. Even the “bigger” town nearby didn’t have any…lol. I need to order some for the next grow for sure. I appreciate your time and advice.

1 Like

Very cheap on amazon.

1 Like

Thank you! I appreciate you a lot!!

1 Like

Anytime. This is a great forum.

2 Likes

Yes it is!! My plants are doing decent and I’m learning so much. I am glad I stumbled upon this forum.

1 Like

If you can maybe let tent open so still getting fresh air

2 Likes

I have the vents at the bottom open. I will definitely open it up for a while today and let some good air circulate for a little while. I have sneaky lil mischievous cats but will open it while they’re out and about. Thank you for that suggestion! I appreciate you.

1 Like

That does suck, if they’ve been inside the whole grow id keep it that way, you’ll probably take a little hit on the yield side going 2 days without light, but if you bring them outside you can get pests and weather damage and it could ruin your whole crop, and risk bringing pests in and dealing with them on future grows. Id keep em inside and ride it out

2 Likes

Thank yall so much for yalls reassurance. :heartbeat: We have power now so they went about 27 to 30 hrs without lights. Not as bad as expected thankfully. I appreciate all yall!! :heart:

1 Like

Sick pic of the mesocyclone!

This is what 100mph straight line winds did to downtown Houston

3 Likes

Woah! Thats wild!

1 Like

I love the beautiful calmness in the skies after a storm!

1 Like

I took these pics about a week after the storm. Been a rough spring for us.

2 Likes

Yes it has! I live about 4.5 hrs east of Houston.

1 Like

Ah, yeah, you get our sloppy seconds, lol

2 Likes