New Tent Build and First Grow

I’m going to put a Grow Diary where it should be. As some of you know I’ve ordered everything for a new 2x4 tent setup to compliment my old 3x3 setup. So as everything starts coming in I will document that here, the setup and the first grow in the new setup. And to kick this setup off. It seems fitting that it’s first grow should be a loud, wild and nasty Sativa grow. So Alaskan Thunder Fuck is going to be up first. And it’s my understanding these lady’s don’t like wearing undies. It just sounds so right!

Boring and first in is the important power strips and extension cords.

Now the most important purchase in my growing career and should have done it years ago.

I will be updating this as items come in and we get this grow kicked off.

11 Likes

I can’t believe I forgot the Nutrients. These came in a few weeks ago. I’ve been using the same nutrients and system for many years. Simple, clean and to the point. But with this new setup I’m breaking from old habits and giving this Nectar of The Gods Sample Pack ago.

8 Likes

Sounds like a plan I’ll grab my watching paraphernalia Volcano-Vaporizer-Smiley :popcorn: :beverage_box: and kick back to watch
tmp(3)

1 Like

I’m along for the ride. Set to watch. :call_me_hand:

More stuff came in today. We have the Exhaust fan and control. The wonderful Inkbird that will take care of the humidifier and anything else I need it to do. And a humidifier that went right into the 3 x 3 tent because it’s a far better fit. The older bigger unit will go in the new 2 x 4. I know it does not sound right, but it is. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The circ fans and carbon filter came in today. Just waiting on the tent and lights now.

6 Likes

More stuff came in today. A stool for garden time, light controls and I-bolts for a light mod I’m going to do…

2 Likes

The 350R, UVA-30 XL and scrog netting came in today. All thats needed is the tent so I can get some more grow on. Slapped the grow stool together today. Got my water, nutrient/care station set back up fully. Cleaned everything up. Moved a bunch of stuff out to the shed and got my Little Lee Reloading Bench moved to make room for the new tent. All the new gear is setting where the tent will be.

6 Likes

You are having a blast I see. I love tearing down and putting back together myself. Always some kind of tweak. That is the way to start. Watching myself if you do not mind.

1 Like

Nice light choice btw. That will slam a 2x4.

1 Like

I have a grow going right now in a 3x3 tent. This is a second tent I’m bringing up to expand and make my growing easier.

2 Likes

Cool. I have a 3x3/32x32/2x4/4x8 I put up and take down the smaller ones depending on how much i fill the big 1…lol. fun hobby. 2 tents really frees you up. Can veg 1 flower 1.

1 Like

You can check out my current grow here. I will be flipping it to flower tomorrow.
https://ilgmforum.com/t/old-grower-new-grow-and-updates/84336/37

1 Like

First setup action and a mod has been done to the 350R this morning. Killing two birds with one stone ROCKS!!! I-Bolts have went in to hang a 100 V2 off of the 350R during seedlings and early veg. When ready to fire up the 350R unclip the 100 V2 cover with a hand towel and raise it up into the top of the tent on its own yoyo. There it can be stored out of the way and protected until needed again. Will do this to the dual 260 Rspec in the 3x3 tent.

2 Likes

Tent is here!!! I now have everything and can start setting up.

5 Likes

Got the job spiked and on it’s way. Tents up, exhaust system in and the 350R is hung up. Still need to get the UVA-30 XL installed, 3 ea. circ fans, the Inkbird installed and setup. And yeah know there will be other stuff. Running the light wide open now and getting some heat built up in the tent to relax some of the fold lines.

6 Likes

Looks like you’re ready for some fat colas filling it up :joy::call_me_hand:

Nice setup bro!

1 Like

You are loaded for bear now :laughing: i see some stinky green girls in your future 44

2 Likes

Nice setup man.

1 Like

It’s pretty much done. Need to do some cable management and setup the controls. Just ran out of steam for the day. Had to resort to using zip ties to hang the 350R. The hanging cables were all different lengths. So I could not get it leveled up and squared out until I addressed the situation. I ended up using straps for the UVA-30 XL. Those slip loop cables they send with the light are near useless to me. My plan to hang a HLG 100 V2 from the 350R for seedings and early veg worked out great! And storing the light in the tent when not in use is going to be fantastic! It takes about a minute to go from seedling/early veg to main light veg/flower bringing the UVA on the job. So happy with it I just put two Alaskan Thunder Fuck seeds in a bottle and floating them on the seedling mat at 80F.

Germination/seedling/early veg setup.

100 V2 covered up and stored away with the 350R and UVA-30 XL in flower mode.

Controls, Cables are a freaking mess!

I will be doing the 100 V2 light mod in the 3x3 tent soon.

3 Likes