Hi. Ive gotten my Bruce Banner seeds and am looking to grow outdoors with my vegetables in the same large outdoor plot. Most of what I am reading is people with tents and greenhouses.
Im currently thinking of germinating seeds in mid to late April to get into the ground early May. Im in MA. Anyone with advice on growing outdoors and what to be prepared for, watch for, pests I should expect and try to get in front of, etc, would be appreciated. Im a very experienced gardener but weed is an entirely new crop for me. Thanks in advance!
Welcome!!! Main thing is to make sure they are planted in a sunny place, and be on alert for pests. You can use Neem oil up until flower or Captain Jack’s Dead Bug Juice is safe through the whole grow. Good luck and happy growing!!!
I start mine inside late April and transplant them outside in a greenhouse late may early June. Too early outside and they can start to flower before they are supposed too then they go back into veg before flowering again it can seriously affect your yield.
Welcome fellow Growmie! I live up here in Maine and grew outside last year. I start in germinate in late May, transplant outside early June. I used
a makeshift cover to keep a heavy rain off the plants. Look for Aphids, they can really be a problem. Bud rot as well, very humid in summer, make sure u give the plant(s) plenty of airflow. Plants should start to show sex by mid August.
Good luck.
Hi @rg70 . Welcome to the community. I’ve never grown outdoors myself but will soon… I look forward to tagging along… hopefully I can learn something here!
Welcome to growing! Our 1st attempt at outside growing. Transplant a very small Western Grail in a 3x2 foot wooden box. I used it for plants that the rabbits love to eat. July 4th in the ground,Oct 13th full on harvest. Got 9 ozs buds and filled a 5 gallon bucket 3/4 full with trimming and small buds…etc… about 34 ozs in that. All we did was water when the rains didnt come,fed her horse poop I aged in cat litter buckets and added water to it ,let it bubble a few days then poured it in her,FF Nutes in bloom, did everything all these fine folks told me. She was about 5 feet tall,4 feet around. I called her She-Hulk. Big and Greem monster. Pruned and trimmed and used LST to care for her. Meanwhile wife asked me to pull some baby buds and smoke. WOW! Potent Dont over water I used one finger second kunkle wet no water dry water . Hope this info helps