This is my first grow using my own seeds. Can someone please help me figure out what I’m doing wrong here.
Welcome to the community. Fill this out please…Support Ticket
They are stretching due to three possibilities. One…light to high.
Two…not a good light.
Three…usually One and Two.
Its your light source.
What type of light are they under?
In needs to stronger and/or closer.
How old are they?
Fill out that ticket from @MrPeat
- Indoor or outdoor? - size of grow? Indoor
- Otigin of seeds? Personal seeds
- Regular, feminized, or autoflower? Regular
- Origin of water. PH, EC/TDS of source water? PH
- PH and TDS/EC of if mixed solution? Ph at 6.7
- Grow method? Soil, Soil-less, Coco, Hydro, Aquaponics. Please explain. Currently using soil-less and rock wool
- Nutrients or fertilizer system used. Super thrive, canna start, great white,roots organic calmag, roots organic Buddha grow, sea green for growth, and rootamentary for the roots.
- What typr of lighting are you using? LED, HID (MH, CMH, HPS), or Fluorescents? Please elaborate. LED growers choice
- What are the temps in your growspce? Day / Night? Unsure
- What is the RH = relative humidity in your growspace? Day / Night? Unsure
- AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier? None
- Do you have a Ventilation system? Size? 4", 6"? Yes 8”
- Co2 Yes / No? No CO2
- How long have you been growing? About a month
- What budget have you set in order to grow successfully? No budget
- If you grow hydro, then please explain your hydro method. DWC, R-DWC, Ebb and Flow, Or; Other? Other?
16b. Size and temperature of solution in reservoir?
They are about 4weeks old. About how far should the light be from the tallest plant.
Welcome to the neighborhood. They desperately need more light.
Do you have what the light spec’s on your light?
This is the light I have (ROI-E720)
GC-3k Full Spectrum with 660nm deep red (Osram diodes)
Even light distribution
1870-1924 (and up to 2080) umol/m2/s total light output
Compatible with Grower’s Choice Master Lighting controller
2.6 umol/j efficacy
Horti DLC; UL1598 and UL880 certification
Onboard dimming function (100%, 75%, 50%, 25%)
PPF/Watt: 2.6 umol/j
Do you know what the actual wattage is?
It’s 780 watts
How far away is it from your plants?
I just let my lights down some more so now it’s about 14in from my tallest plant
That is plenty of light. You might consider putting them in other pots and bury them up just below the leaves.
Or try propping them up until they are ready to repot.
Welcome to the community ,transplant seedings into cannabis friendly soil possibly happy frog. Also back fill up on the stem. Use a 6" fan to create a little air flow ladies will jiggle to help strength stem. good luck
Transplant to their new home. what soil are you using? What @kellydans said. Have fun and welcome.
Your getting good advice. I dont know your light. Since you lowered it, watch ur plants for heat and light stress. Also, ur soil looks pretty wet.
Transplant then in a good dope soil.
Cover with dirt, like others have said, so only about 2 inches of plant sticks out. Dont pack the soil down.
Cover your plants with a clear solo cup. Spray the inside of the cup with water. Mist it. Dont water the soil at all until its dryer than a popcorn fart. Just mist the cup when the cup is dryish.
Make sure you are ph’ing ur water to 6.5… even the cup mist
No nutes yet. Only ph’ed water.
@Flitme Here you go.
@dbrn32 What is your opinion on this light? Here is the diodes they use.
Osram Top Bin Diodes
@Stoney10 How far was the lights away? On their site it said Veg at 24”. I would be worried about the 14” mark above the plant.
@Stoney10 Most grow lights will have specs that the manufacturer will recommend depending on plant stage. Vivosun has these in their packaging.
The roi lights look great on paper, but gor whatever reason the 720 got a bunch of horrible reviews. My local grow shop had roi-680 on display and it looked like like nice light for the price.