Need some recommendations on strains

Hi, if this is in the wrong place I apologize ahead of time. I’m looking for some recommendations for strains (I buy from this site only) for people with insomnia. I am not quite sure which strains make you the sleepiest. I have tried blueberry and cherry pie but neither of them have really put me to sleep the way some strains have. Would an indica or sativa be better for this? Specific names of strains I should try? I want something that’s a heavy high and makes me sleepy right away. I grow indoors, one plant at a time and have had success with both photos and auto flowers. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

1 Like

How are you gauging the ripeness of the Blueberry and Cherry Pie?

@Kcjay Look at the site Leafly dot com. This is a great site to look about different strains. Blue Dream helps me with sleeping. Now Girl Scout is the opposite for me. It energizes me.

Each strain will effect someone else different. I wished I would have kept a Dossier on every strain I’ve smoked. I had good luck with Afghani, Trainwreck and others. I do suffer from PTSD and Insomnia.

2 Likes

Indicas will do the job for you. When you harvest will make a difference too (a late harvest is what you are looking for,) regardless of the strain.

4 Likes

I grow for my wife for that exact reason. She keeps a log of each strain and how well it works.
So far Northern Lights and Girl Scout Cookies have done well.
Its to be noted that aging the dried bud a month or more after drying seems to be important to the desired effect. So after drying put it in jars and let it age 6 weeks minimum.
We decarb and make edibles and she will vape a small amount a couple times to get a faster onset.
Once it hits she falls asleep for 5 to 8 hours. The biggest difference we have seen is that if something wakes her up during the night she falls right back to sleep. That never happened before weed. Her health overall is improving because of regular sleep. Im actually shocked at the way she has responded to using this for sleep. Her demeanor has improved and her sense of humor has returned. Wish we had been able to use this 15 years ago.
My advice is to keep researching and keep good notes as to what you do and what works.

2 Likes

One strain that kicked my arse was called Grape Stomper. It hit me like freight train. I picked it up at a Colorado Dispensary two years ago. My source is out of stock.

1 Like

Gold Leaf, Black D.O.G.G., Crystal (awesome) are 3 good ones.

1 Like

This is a great guide thank you for sharing that, I think I do harvest a little too early so I’m going to hold out a little longer on my next plant now. Thanks!

1 Like

To the point of my question, do you have a 40-60x magnification device. Higher magnification would be better, but with good eyesight the ones I listed will work. There are cheap digits microscopes on amazon which allow you to take pictures, and that’s a very nice feature to have.

1 Like

If you wait till you get over 25% amber trichomes, you will achieve what you are wanting. At that point I don’t think it makes a difference which strain you run with a min of 25% and more. I hate couch lock personally.

1 Like

Yes I do! I have a 60x and I think I may have been picking too early though so I will wait a bit longer this time. I’ll check out the photo ones on amazon though, sounds like it’ll make it easier to tell. Thank you!

1 Like