Need a good dehumidifier!

Any advice on on good dehumidifier??? Trying to start flowering stage by the 13 of may the dehumidifier I got on Amazon was a waste of money

3 Likes

I use the Frigidaire FFAP5033W1, It keeps my lung room at >35% RH.

I will admit, the built in pump doesn’t work at the specs its supposed to. But it does keep the humidity down. I tried to run a 1/4" line to drain to have it pumped out automatically, but the specs are 15 meters, it won’t pump 15 feet.

Whatever you choose to get, finding one that comes back on after a power outage is a REALLY good idea.

3 Likes

I have a Hisense 50 pint Lowes $149. I’ve had it several years and I use it outside my tent I have Vivosun that I bought but have never used it. It’s very small

2 Likes

Does the Hisense have a pump to drain?

1 Like

No I empty it once a day. But it works for me as I don’t have much of a problem controlling. I only use in flowering stage some

1 Like

Wow, I live in an 60 year old dilapidated house and run mine continuously. I empty the bucket twice a day. I am in the deep south. If our temps get high enough to run the central a/c it’s much easier to control.

I think I need a second one for the rest of the house. :cry:

AC Infinity doesn’t make one yet I wish they did. The new version of Hisense has a pump to drain.

1 Like

LOL, thats where I keep looking, be super if they would build one into their UIS platform.

1 Like

They will I’m sure. I have their 15L humidifier and it’s awesome you can adjust it thru the 69 controller and it looks like a rock concert. I also have their 8” in-line fan and carbon filter.

2 Likes

Appreciate the advice now I got to invest more money on a dehumidifier

1 Like

this one is a waste of hope money and time

I bought a GE from Home Depot 50 pint. I found that anything $100 and below is junk. This one I never have a problem with plug it into the ink bird and done it sits outside my tent

3 Likes

I have the T-7 humdifier, only need it Jan Feb.

I have their 6" proline fan running and one on the shelf. Until I get the rest of the house under control a second fan won’t help. I’m keeping it down, around 50/55 RH, but it’s slowly creeping up. I can watch the direct correlation between lung room RH and the tents.

Does it have a pump?

Govee is my latest purchase and to solve the drain line issue I just elevated them up and attached drain hose and drains into 5 gallon bucket and I use that water for either humidifier or to water plants.
I use a plant saucer to cover the top of the bucket to minimize it pulling water from the bucket etc.

My initial impressions on it.

I did look into the hysense brand at Lowe’s etc but they cost more and were less capable as far as control.

Hope this helps

1 Like

Winner winner. I’ve been using this one for 3 years and keeps my lung room within a few % points of the setting. I use a 5 gallon catch bucket for the drain and use the water for feed :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

drain pump?

1 Like

There’s no drain pump but there’s an overflow valve that leads to a hose you can run to a drain.

Or you can do what I do and empty the bucket reservoir once a week. When dehumidifiers suck the moisture from the air the water can be used for your plants. It’s ppms are like 6 - 11 ppm

The one I have come with the house it keeps the basement humidity down.

I need one so I confiscated it :hushed: between that and my homemade commercial humidifier both ran through the ink bird I have absolutely no problems with humidity. (It’s a blessing to be able to control it)

2 Likes

Yes, mine has a 1/4" push lock fitting to attach a line to run to drain. Doesn’t work.

1 Like

Every now and then it fills up and just throws an error code. It has an automatic shut off switch when the reservoir is full so it never makes a mess in overflows.